Hello everyone. New member here

BryStephens1971

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BryStephens
Hi. My name is Bryan. I'm from Oklahoma.
I earned my PPSEL in 2002 but haven't flown in probably 10 years. Kids and family stuff got in the way even though I was an aircraft mechanic I rarely flew because I was wrenching for uncle Sam on the B1 project at Tinker AFB here in Oklahoma.
We did depot level maintenance on the B1s and they had test pilots for when we put the bird back together and turned it back over to the squadron.
Now I'm retired at 44 and getting bored pretty quick so I thought I'd look into LSA as a way to reunite with my first love, aviation.
I'm also a gunsmith and was an amateur motorcycle racer on road courses. Those MX guys are crazy. Better to fall 2 inches and slide for 100 yards, than fall 40 feet and stop instantly.
Basically I like anything fast and loud. Cars, Guns, aircraft, women, the faster and louder the better.

awe crap - another Bryan with a Y ... :) lol!

Welcome aboard! They still have Tinker burgers available on request on Tower frequency?

Looks like you'll fit nicely in here - a lot of flying gun nuts, and a few B-1 guys around. Not sure if we have anyone crazy enough for MX tho ... but I guess I wouldn't be surprised.

Finally someone that spells it correctly.

Welcome and congratulations on being awesome

Bryan is the masculine spelling of this ancient Celtic name.
Brion is the feminine spelling.
Nope, no Tinker burgers anymore. Canteen services are all ran through Aramark, the same company that owns all the canteen contacts for every federal prison in the US and I'd guess the food quality and price are on par with what one could expect in the pen.
Yes you have to be slightly crazy to race MX competitively. However one must also have issues with reality or very little imagination to try to rotate at 140mph on a 2 wheeled vehicle with your competitors so close you were banging handlebars with them coming out of the last turn. Which reminds me of a funny story but I'll save those for another thread.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've been reading the board all day and finally decided to register about half an hour ago.

I'm slummin in your hood right now... Holding town Tulsa this weekend. Last was OKC. Too bad you didn't post up last weekend. I'd grab a frosty mug with you. That is if you could put up with sharing a table with a jarhead.

I'll be back sooner than later. My boss is based there so travel is more than desired there. Next time I fly in to OUN you can come check my PC181.

I hear only beer drinkers that stick their pinkies out are allowed in the left seat of a Cirrus, so stay away from that other Brian with a Y guy. He also likes toy monkeys and coleslaw.

Hey. I had a motorcycle race team "Desperation Racing". Our moto was "Where Desperate Men do Desperate Things". We raced up Pikes Peak on the 4th of July (Michael did anyway. I ran support). One year he WON (middleweight)! My ride is a Ducati 1098. Fly an Aviat Husky. My motorcycle can go faster than my airplane!

If you like fast stuff check out this outrageous rig!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAkrzEqHHyA

Last edited:
I earned my PPSEL in 2002 but haven't flown in probably 10 years. Kids and family stuff got in the way even though I was an aircraft mechanic I rarely flew because I was wrenching for uncle Sam on the B1 project at Tinker AFB here in Oklahoma.
We did depot level maintenance on the B1s and they had test pilots for when we put the bird back together and turned it back over to the squadron.
Now I'm retired at 44 and getting bored pretty quick so I thought I'd look into LSA as a way to reunite with my first love, aviation.
I'm also a gunsmith and was an amateur motorcycle racer on road courses. Those MX guys are crazy. Better to fall 2 inches and slide for 100 yards, than fall 40 feet and stop instantly.
Basically I like anything fast and loud. Cars, Guns, aircraft, women, the faster and louder the better.

Welcome to POA....

:cheers::cheers:

Retiring at 44 is a dream come true for most of us...:rolleyes:

Thanks Colorado,
I raced a GSXR1000. Never could afford anything Italian unless it was a Beretta or a leather jacket. I've long admired the Ducati. Now I'm old and broken down so a Diavel has more appeal to me than a 1098.

Unit 74;
I don't drink but I'd be proud to buy you a beer and drink a Coke while you tell me some stories that start with "No ****, there I was. "
Shoot me a PM next time your in OKC.

Thank you to everyone that sent a welcome. I've got nothing but time on my hands now that I've retired except raising my daughter is a full time job since her momma ran off with a younger drug dealing psychopath. Oh well, they deserve each other. More on that later but if anyone is in OKC and wants to give a guy a ride holler at me and I'll come ride and tell you what a great airplane you have and how your a wonderful person for thinking of me.

FBH, retirement isn't everything it's cracked up to be. Lots of boredom until I find a way to make some extra money that I can actually enjoy. Working for other people just wasn't cutting it. Maybe I'll get into the used aircraft game. I'm not even close to wealthy, I'd say barely comfortable. I grew up a redneck on a horse ranch so my idea of comfortable would probably be hell for some folks.

Effeminate? ?? Your entitled to your opinion I guess.

Those jet powered trucks certainly qualified as fast and loud. Holy smokes! Now that's what fun smells like.

Take that GI bill and enroll at OSU in the flight program. Not too late to go for the big iron or maybe get your CFI to occupy your time. I'll bet they would pick you up as staff at OUN knowing you are not off to the regionals too.

No GI bill. Never served. Wish I had but I did manage to stay out of desert storm and serving under Clinton.
My retirement was self funded. I'm so tight I can squeeze poop out of a buffalo nickel.
I think I might splurge and sign up for basic cable though. Running out of entertainment options with an old x box and antennae TV

You are just named the right thing at the right time.

There is a long history of Bryan vs. Brian nonsense going on here.
You are getting a bit of left over hazing from that stuff.

We can be downright silly at times and new users will sometimes find themselves in the middle of some left over conversations.

People here are cool. Lots to learn here and lots of fun to be had.

FBH, retirement isn't everything it's cracked up to be. Lots of boredom until I find a way to make some extra money that I can actually enjoy. Working for other people just wasn't cutting it. Maybe I'll get into the used aircraft game. I'm not even close to wealthy, I'd say barely comfortable. I grew up a redneck on a horse ranch so my idea of comfortable would probably be hell for some folks.

As one recovering racer to another, you can appreciate how crazy we can be...

Just look REAL close at the motor in this thing...

www.haaspowerair.com

Last edited:
Welcome Bryan. Don't let the other Bryan kid you. He's gay. Even his beautiful wife says so.

:goofy:

I can already tell this is going to be a fun group.
I've got thick skin and a sharp tongue so as long as we all agree fair is fair and mom's are off limits I think we will get along just fine.

Also I see you are in OKC.
When my plane is not broken, I fly up to KOUN for hideaway and sometimes ozzies.

Lots of us not too far from you.

Also I see you are in OKC.
When my plane is not broken, I fly up to KOUN for hideaway and sometimes ozzies.

Lots of us not too far from you.

We powered down a couple Capones last weekend.....:yes:

Ok.....What the hell...... Ok thanks 6PC. I'm now enroute to a Hideaway in Tulsa on 51st. St . Thinking the Kahuna tonight.

Ok.....What the hell...... Ok thanks 6PC. I'm now enroute to a Hideaway in Tulsa on 51st. St . Thinking the Kahuna tonight.

That's the original I believe.
I lived in Tulsa in 2000-2001 and it was a fancy night out back then.

Most of us spend a lifetime avoiding loud women. Godspeed my friend.

I spent 3 years at Tinker one month. Brickyard was cool.

Last edited:
I learned to fly out of David J. Perry just South of Westheimer field (Koun).
Definitely give me a shout next time your in my area. I enjoy hanging with Marines and other Bryans.

Fast and loud women are fun once in awhile, just don't let them know where you live. That's why I say the faster the better.

I don't quite get the attraction of loud women :lol: Fast sure, but loud? No thanks.

Most of us spend a lifetime avoiding loud women. Godspeed my friend.

I spent 3 years at Tinker one month. Brickyard was cool.

I think you mean brick town...and yes it's cool. OKC has come a Long way since I first worked there back in the late 80's. It's one helluva lot more fun now than it was then.

Actually Tim I grew up just South of you in Jonesboro, AR. Left in 1982 and have only been back a handful of times for family reunions. You guys can keep your mosquitoes, humidity and tornadoes. ;)

Welcome to the POA funny farm. It's more fun than than anyone should have in one place...:goofy::goofy::goofy:

Welcome! Sounds like it's time to get back into aviation.

As for POA, we're having a no-charge sign up for new Spin Zone participants on January 2, so sign up then.

Again, welcome aboard and have fun here.

Welcome to POA!! There are a few of us MX/Aviation Nuys around here!

Yes, definitely time to get back into aviation.
I need to get my license on a piece of plastic instead of the paper copy. I've still got the paper card in my briefcase.
What is the Spin zone?

Back