Helicopter using a wrecking ball

Followed the link, but there's nothing there. Just ads for weight loss drugs.
And I followed those links, made an order, and am only 3-5 weeks away from a slimmer, more youthful me.

Followed the link, but there's nothing there. Just ads for weight loss drugs.
And I followed those links, made an order, and am only 3-5 weeks away from a slimmer, more youthful me.
Not sure what you're seeing, but Adam's link worked for me. Very cool! Great aerial videography, too.

The link went to a video this time, and it was neat. The impressive part for me was that the pilot was able to get the ball to strike in the same spot again and again... I wonder how much training and/or experience that takes?

How do I get a cool job like that; some guys have all the fun...flying and breaking things.

Is it just me, or does it appear that they were doing this the hard way? Charges could have been set in the crack and detonated remotely for instance.

Just thinking

Is it just me, or does it appear that they were doing this the hard way? Charges could have been set in the crack and detonated remotely for instance.

Just thinking

I'm thinkin' I would not want to be the mutt who climbs onto and around that unstable mass.

all I could think was "headache!" when that huge piece fell off

I'm thinkin' I would not want to be the mutt who climbs onto and around that unstable mass.
You could place it from the 'copter without even stepping off the skids.

Or for real fun have artillery practice from across the Fjord. Or how about rockets from 1/2 mile away, or mini gun practice?

You could place it from the 'copter without even stepping off the skids.

Or for real fun have artillery practice from across the Fjord. Or how about rockets from 1/2 mile away, or mini gun practice?

How are you going to get the skids close enough to the rocks to place the explosives without trimming off some of your rotors?

Seems to me that you could do it the same way they trigger avalanches by firing canon shells at it.

How are you going to get the skids close enough to the rocks to place the explosives without trimming off some of your rotors?
Lower the explosives on a rope from above.

Back