Helicopter crash in Williamsburg

Saw that. Quite a post-crash fire. Hope nobody was in the townhouse.

Interesting. The Navy has denied ownership, but nothing from the Army (Felker) or the three letter agency that operates helos nearby.

The fire is 99% out now. Wherever it was, there is NOTHING left. You can’t make out anything remotely looking like a helicopter or much of anything else in the burned out building.

My guess is some kind of Robinson. Doubtful it was any government helo.

So far it sounds like one dead in the building, but they still have no info on the helicopter or occupants.

Bad deal all around.

Don't see how a Robinson could make that amount of smoke. I also almost never see any Robinsons or any other type of private helicopter around here...well I've seen one maybe two times in 1,000 hours of flying in the area. There are tons of military helos though and several air ambulance.

Don't see how a Robinson could make that amount of smoke. I also almost never see any Robinsons or any other type of private helicopter around here...well I've seen one maybe two times in 1,000 hours of flying in the area. There are tons of military helos though and several air ambulance.
The burning building makes the smoke.

I suspect if it had been something larger like an H60, you’d see some identifiable part remaining. There is a 7 minute video from a news helo orbiting after they put the fire out. There is nothing left of the aircraft.

The president of the Virginia Helicopter Association was pilot according to the news.

What a horrible event.

Back