hearing aids re-visited

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Watched the Video where (Rush) was wearing Hearing aids..what type hearing aids were they they.

Cochlear implants. For the profoundly deaf.

I think he has 2? I’ve only known people with one, maybe because of the expense.

:confused2:
I think he has 2? I’ve only known people with one, maybe because of the expense.
They are around $100k each.
But the good news, unless you are a young tax payer, is that Medicare covers them. But you have to qualify and prove that regular hearing aids don't give you at least some amount of hearing in a quiet room. I am stone deaf without hearing aids, but with them I can hear pretty well, so I don't qualify.

:confused2:

They are around $100k each.
But the good news, unless you are a young tax payer, is that Medicare covers them. But you have to qualify and prove that regular hearing aids don't give you at least some amount of hearing in a quiet room. I am stone deaf without hearing aids, but with them I can hear pretty well, so I don't qualify.
VA provide mine, my hearing is good enough that I can get away with out them. The high frequency is gone but the normal range is good enough.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back