Headed to FL

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
In a couple of weeks, I'm headed down to KISM under the Orlando Bravo airspace. Flying out of JYO under the Dulles airspace, I know the expected unpublished IFR routing into and out of JYO. I was wondering if anyone has local knowledge as to what to expect to get into and out of KISM?

Thanks
Kaye

Kaye:

I flew from KISM up to Greenville, SC over Christmas; then, back down after my visit (IFR). There is a STAR called LEESE One Arrival that's pretty easy to pick up from ALMA (AMG) or Savannah (SAV). They'll bring you in on that and after Ocala (OCF) will begin vectoring you.

Departing to the north, it was vectors to the airway: I went north on V267. They don't like bringing you east until north of Ormond Beach (OMN) because it's on the arrival to Orlando.

VFR you could look at the same general areas. Big restricted area north of Kissimmee; so, you'll need to go just a bit Northeast or Northwest when departing and the opposite when arriving.

Hope you have a great trip. The FBO I used there was Kissimmee Aviation Services. Not as fancy as a couple other FBOs there, but reasonable and fuel was priced right.

Best,

Dave

Thanks, Dave. I'd looked at the Leese arrival and suspected that might be used. Good info on the departure, and about Kissimmee Aviation. I meant to ask about that in my post.

I've used Kissimmee Aviation a few times. They can be a bit slow, but the fuel is priced well; they have basic facilities and rental cars. I've rented a car for them and driven over to Orlando Int'l for sim training (with Lance) or up to Winter Park where I have family.

There are nicer facilities, a bit more expensive. Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Dave

Watch for launch TFRs in the vicinity of Titusville.

Back