Hating the new Weather Underground

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
I suppose I knew that it would happen when they sold out to TWC, but I think the new WU site is awful. I *think* most of the old information is there, but instead of the Nexrad display, you get a slow-to-load Google map base with some radar paint on it.

/rant on
Not all of us are always on high-speed links that permit reasonable load times on graphics-intense pages. Speedtest on the link I'm on tonight (GoGo) is only 384 down, 260-something up, with 250+ ping times. The old WU site was a good balance, the new one slower.
/rant off.

I thought it was my phone,having the same problems.change is not always good.

I like it, big improvement for me. I use it for wind prediction for coastal dune soaring and the new layout lets me scroll through a weeks prediction without clicking on each day. Popping to wundermap for the realtime wind still works.

Reminds me of the new AWC page so far. Not a huge fan of the change on either, but so far I've been able to find all the info I'm looking for.

New page didn't load on Opera on the work computer, no bueno.

Not to brag, but 55 down and 4 up here... I do like that it defaults to the 10 day forecast now. It saves me a click.

Not to brag, but 55 down and 4 up here... I do like that it defaults to the 10 day forecast now. It saves me a click.

how did you ever manage having to go through the trials and tribulations of that extra click???????? The horror.. Think of the Children….THE CHILDREN!!!!!

Sorry, I'm an apps developer and sometimes it seems like I need a mind reading module so that people don't have to (God forbid) click on a link.

I thought it was just fine before but then I also liked TWC before Al appeared. Something about leaving well enough alone.

how did you ever manage having to go through the trials and tribulations of that extra click???????? The horror.. Think of the Children….THE CHILDREN!!!!!

Sorry, I'm an apps developer and sometimes it seems like I need a mind reading module so that people don't have to (God forbid) click on a link.

I am not a developer anymore, but I still do the design stuff and seems to always be about the number of clicks... Especially if sales people are involved. It has been drilled into my head.

I am not a developer anymore, but I still do the design stuff and seems to always be about the number of clicks... Especially if sales people are involved. It has been drilled into my head.

I just moved from a purchasing/operations role to supporting sales/marketing people…. they are crazy. I made a VERY expensive change this week because one guy in marketing thought the logo "might be a little fuzzy" this was on an internal portal type site that is only visible to employees and virtually no one looks at it.

I just moved from a purchasing/operations role to supporting sales/marketing people…. they are crazy. I made a VERY expensive change this week because one guy in marketing thought the logo "might be a little fuzzy" this was on an internal portal type site that is only visible to employees and virtually no one looks at it.

I had a law firm go through at least 20 iterations on their logo for a..... Fax cover page. Black and white and low res. ya never know what keeps people awake at night.

I had a law firm go through at least 20 iterations on their logo for a..... Fax cover page. Black and white and low res. ya never know what keeps people awake at night.

In that instance, marketing were the ones who gave us the "might be a little fuzzy" logo to begin with. The "new logo" meant "site redesign".

If I didn't live it, I wouldn't believe you. It's amazing how picky people are with other people's money.

Then, they'll send everyone (including contractors) to "LEAN savings" training…. YGBFSM.

Last edited:
You think you've got problems! The TWC page for my burg says that 2.4 inches of snow have fallen so far (my measurement is actually a little over 3 inches), but two columns over it says that a total accumulation of not more than 1 inch is predicted. :dunno:

-Rich

You think you've got problems! The TWC page for my burg says that 2.4 inches of snow have fallen so far (my measurement is actually a little over 3 inches), but two columns over it says that a total accumulation of not more than 1 inch is predicted. :dunno:

-Rich

You win the biggest problem prize. Which is snow shoveling, congrats:D

You win the biggest problem prize. Which is snow shoveling, congrats:D

I didn't think to park the cars in their "snow spots," either, which complicates things if the plow guy shows up in the morning. I probably should go move them now, but I'm too lazy.

-Rich

I didn't think to park the cars in their "snow spots," either, which complicates things if the plow guy shows up in the morning. I probably should go move them now, but I'm too lazy.

-Rich

You have them plow 3"...:yikes::hairraise::eek:......

You have them plow 3"...:yikes::hairraise::eek:......

Nah. Usually only when it's six inches or more. One of my cars can handle six inches with no problem, so I tell him not to come if it's less than that. But it's still snowing, so it might hit six by morning.

It's a 110-foot driveway, which is really the only reason I pay him. It costs me less to pay him than the money I'd lose by not getting any revenue work done because I'm farting around shoveling snow.

That, and he really needs the money.

-Rich

as long as they pay . . .

Been using classic since they updated things years ago. The new logo is throwing me, but I'll live as long as they keep classic alive.

Back