has anyone named thier plane

My plane is too ugly to deserve a name.

You could call it the blimp-mobile since it is able to transport blimps. Oh and I have verified with other pilots that it is anything but ugly on the inside. A great plane.

My wife named my homebuilt project (VANS RV9A, still in progress) "Esmerelda". I asked her why "Esmerelda" and she replied "Because you spend all your time with her, and that name sounds kinda slutty."

You could call it the blimp-mobile since it is able to transport blimps. Oh and I have verified with other pilots that it is anything but ugly on the inside. A great plane.
And, of course, it's what's inside that counts! (Wow, aren't I original? :wink2:)

My wife named my homebuilt project (VANS RV9A, still in progress) "Esmerelda". I asked her why "Esmerelda" and she replied "Because you spend all your time with her, and that name sounds kinda slutty."
:rofl: Love it!

Would like to have a name for mine but it's called "The plane" "The 182" or "Eight-one" most commonly

OMG I like your wife already. Hilarious.

Would like to have a name for mine but it's called "The plane" "The 182" or "Eight-one" most commonly

Duncan,

You should call her Eigna. An old Norse word meaning "to declare a thing to be one's own property"

And...

It just happens to be Angie spelled backasswards.

I guess its better then calling it " Bubbles,, or Trixie..:yesnod::D:D

Ben.

So Tim, how did the 182 get it's name.:hairraise::rofl:

Ohhhhhh...

We won't go into THAT in detail again!

Let's just say it involved a long xc. An inept A&P. And nothing but pine trees for as far as the eye could see when the engine quit at 6500'. Good thing my 182 will glide 1 mi / 1000 ft and there was an airport 5 miles behind.

The Mustang is Lethal Weapon 2, the Avid is Old Yeller [because its all yellow] and the Airbike will be either Snoopy or the Red Baron depending on if I paint it like a Royal Flying Corp plane or WW 1 German plane. I am leaning toward the British paint job.

My sailboat has been called F-N boat, and by my french buddy putain bateau

Rocinante. Multiple choice for the reason:

a. Don Qxiote's horse.
b. John Steinbecks pickup truck in "Travels with Charlie"
c. Ill fated spacecraft from one of my favorite Rush tunes.
d. All of the above.

Back