Has anyone ever failed a checkride for "Postflight Procedures"?

Every PTS or ACS for every checkride I've taken has a final task of "Postflight procedures" - performing a postflight inspection, noting any discrepancies, etc.

Since it is an actual "task", it is something that is supposed to be evaluated on the checkride.

Some of my examiners have done the congratulatory handshake as we taxied in, before seeing how well I did the "postflight inspection" (or if I did one at all). I'm sure this is typical. Sometimes, the examiner has already been inside by the time I get out of the airplane.

Clearly this is an area that is not well evaluated, or more accurately, pretty much ignored on the checkride.

But since it's a "task", someone could actually fail the checkride due to improper postflight procedures.

So, my two questions:
1) Has anyone actually done fine on the checkride up until this point, but then failed on the postflight inspection?
2) If not, has anyone ever had this task included with others on a "Notice of Disapproval"? (Such as "unsat areas - steep turns, crosswind landings, and postflight procedures.")
3) What exactly would you have to do to fail this task? Get out without shutting down the engine?

Not an aviation checkride, but related to the question you are asking. During the driving portion of the test for his first driver's license, my cousin was told he had done very well and should go park in front of the courthouse. As he pulled up there was an open, angled parking space right in front on the left side of the street. My cousin whipped the car around and parked in the space. Instructor said, "...and you just failed."

Back