Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
AN4-7A/M bolt.
What is the "/M"?
not in AC43.13
Bonanza engine mounting hardware

Could that mean that it is only available for this purpose from the manufacturer?

Hmm I can get AN4-7As all day long, how would their supply be different?

Norm can I ask, is that a 'for sure, I know this' or more of a guess?
Thanks, all.

Last edited:
If all else fails call the several hardware suppliers. They could have an answer or finally call the source specifying the M designation.

I'm sure Norm has the best idea of this designation in this small sample of ideas.
Please let us know what you find out.

Norm can I ask, is that a 'for sure, I know this' or more of a guess?
Thanks, all.

The M does stand for Magnaflux. Seems to be a Beech requirement for certain applications.

Not certain whether one has to be certified in Magnaflux testing to meet their requirements.

I breezed through the link, it explains why the M designation is going to cost 70 times more than the standard AN bolt!:yikes:

I didn't want to be the bearer of bad tidings. Beech is very proud of those bolts. I don't know if they're available elsewhere.

The M does stand for Magnaflux. Seems to be a Beech requirement for certain applications.

Not certain whether one has to be certified in Magnaflux testing to meet their requirements.

Beechjet 400A stab trim actuator mount bolts in another example.

Hmm I can get AN4-7As all day long, how would their supply be different?
The differences is; normal AN4-7As manufacturing process has been certified and only requires batch sampling for conformity and the magnafluxed one has been individually scrutinized for cracks or crack like flaws that could lead to a crack.

Did I leave out some zeros? I meant 7000 times the price of a standard bolt.:hairraise::eek::yikes: My bad.

disclaimer:
I don't have a clue about the price of this bolt, it's either $17, $170, or $1700.

Last edited:
If they don't tell you the price, it's too much. :hairraise:

Beech is also (in)famous for putting their own part number on standard AN bolts and charging an arm and a leg for them.

Beech has the bolt in stock, described as, "BOLT, MACHINE, MAG INSPECTED," priced at $0.79/each.

They sometimes amaze me with reasonable prices... and stagger me in the other direction, too!

Back