Happy National Aviation Day!

Jim K

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Richard Digits
Happy National Aviation Day! I always try to commit an act of aviation on Aug 19 to celebrate. Flew the Cessna up north and collected 3 grass strips. It was pretty fun, although I failed to account for how slow the thing is and didn't get home until well after dark. Also, none of my pictures turned out. This also makes my 8th day in a row flying, which is a personal record. Trying to decide if I want to go tomorrow.

Anybody else get up today?

IMG_20220819_185319769.jpg IMG_20220819_190051167.jpg

Yep! Did some local flying earlier this evening. Got to exercise the airplane and clear my head a little. :)

eh I didn't get any presents from anyone but I did do the ground portion of my IPC so there's that, I guess.

Oh I forgot to mention...I got passed by a helicopter.

Did I say that it's slow?

Next year, please give us a heads up so that I can plan ahead. :)

August 19... put it in your phone now so you won't forget! It's an excellent excuse to go flying

10 is an even number and you're 80% of the way there. Just sayin'...

That exactly what one of my pilot friends told me last night.. she said, "I did 10 last year..." But then I might as well do 14...

I got to look at my unfinished airplane seats. Unfortunately did not get to install them tonight as anticipated.

Did a short local flight to return my Beech to service following the annual. All good except for a sticking trim switch. Clouds were rolling in by 10 with thunderstorms forecast, so I set down after an hour, but it sure was good to get back in the air.

Happy National Aviation Day! I always try to commit an act of aviation on Aug 19 to celebrate. Anybody else get up today?

Yep! Just back from it in fact. My wife and I flew the Archer from Maryland to Rhode Island for a family event for her. Just north of Philly got "cleared direct KWST". That never happens. Across Manhattan at 5K we went and up Long Island sound.

pHWliR8.jpg

As usual, my reward for a nice flight up was a lobster roll and beer at https://www.champlins.com

rzve8e6.jpg

From Westerly then to Maine (KIZG) to check on the new house build and finish the kitchen design and pick windows then home. 8.6 hour trip (2 hours of actual and one actual approach) verses driving? Easy answer.

Back