Happy Easter !

Speedy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Speedy
Would like to wish a Happy Easter to all my PoA friends. Have a great day and enjoy time with Family and Friends. That's what it's all about.

Speedy :yes:

Happy Easter folks.

I'll be sitting alone watching computer screens in a gas plant. Enjoy the time with your families if you have the opportunity.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Pillsbury-Dough-Boy-web.gif
    Pillsbury-Dough-Boy-web.gif
    9.9 KB · Views: 66
13 Years ago easter Sunday was my solo date. Happy Easter!

Eye candy from yesterday :)

DSC02943_zps0c389ca4.jpg

DSC02945_zpse083b947.jpg

DSC02955_zpsb99d03e8.jpg

DSC02944_zpse71ed03f.jpg

Sweet photos

And

Happy Easter.
Try to spend it wisely.

No guys, it's not Easter, but it is Cesar Chavez's 86th birthday! Well, at least according to Google it is... and since there's no mention of Easter on the site, it must not be that important; c'mon, we've celebrated Easter for thousands of years now, but Chavez only gets one 86th birthday! You are all so rude to take that away from him...

Happy Easter to all. If someone could help me out next year and tell my wife that the Easter Bunny should not bring as many presents as Santa Clause does. My 3 year old and 1 year old twins got way too much. I will say the look on all 3 of their faces was priceless. Hope all you you had a similar experience today.

No guys, it's not Easter, but it is Cesar Chavez's 86th birthday! Well, at least according to Google it is... and since there's no mention of Easter on the site, it must not be that important; c'mon, we've celebrated Easter for thousands of years now, but Chavez only gets one 86th birthday! You are all so rude to take that away from him...

Well, to be fair, Easter is a holiday. The birth/death/inauguration of someone notable is an event.

Google's front page is kind of a "this day in history" type of thing.

Well, to be fair, Easter is a holiday. The birth/death/inauguration of someone notable is an event.

Google's front page is kind of a "this day in history" type of thing.

"This day in history, Jesus Christ was risen from the dead."
And Google has them for Quanza, New Years, Thanksgiving, Halloween, Xmas, etc.
And an 86th birthday is not even an important one--they could've waited for one that didn't fall on an Easter... it's like they went out of their way to not recognize the holiday.

And an 86th birthday is not even an important one--they could've waited for one that didn't fall on an Easter... it's like they went out of their way to not recognize the holiday.

Google(or anyone else for that matter) does not need to acknowledge the gift I gratefully receive. I personally would be lost without it.

Well, that, as a matter of world history, is rather debatable.

Well, they hit the major ones. Certainly you don't expect them to make an event out of every holiday of every religion.

I don't think they're celebrating the fact that he would have turned 86, but simply the birth of an notable person. Similar to how Christmas isn't a celebration of Jesus turning 2000 years old, but rather a celebration of the birth of the individual.

Went out of their way? That's a pretty self-centered point of view.

Well, that, as a matter of world history, is rather debatable.
OK, I can agree with that.

Well, they hit the major ones. Certainly you don't expect them to make an event out of every holiday of every religion.
Quanza seems less "major" to me, and I find it rather perplexing that they wouldn't make more of a note about a holiday which a large portion of our population celebrates than the birth of a leftist party leader.

I don't think they're celebrating the fact that he would have turned 86, but simply the birth of an notable person. Similar to how Christmas isn't a celebration of Jesus turning 2000 years old, but rather a celebration of the birth of the individual.

Went out of their way? That's a pretty self-centered point of view.

And quite frankly was more making a point of the absurdity of it than saying that they have to do one thing or another... it is apparent to me the religious and political convictions of those who run Google, and they are more than welcome to put whatever they want on their front page... I just don't really like what they're doing personally.

I should stop before I SZ the happy easter thread.

By the way, I completely agree with your earlier post; Google doesn't need to acknowledge anything, but it's certainly striking that they would not even post the commercialized version of Google Easter. Actually, when I first saw the doodle on my smartphone in the super-small upper left hand corner, I thought the face was Jesus. Wow, I thought! They actually put Jesus in a Google Doodle and referenced the real meaning of Easter... a bit of a shock to see Chavez there instead.

Oh well, I guess it's just a sign of the times :sigh:

The US government does not recognize Easter as a holiday either

http://www.usa.gov/citizens/holidays.shtml

all they say is:
Ethnic and Religious Holidays
Various ethnic and religious groups in America celebrate days with special meaning to them even though these are not national holidays. For example, Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ on Easter, Jews observe their high holy days in September, Muslims celebrate Ramadan, and African Americans celebrate Kwanzaa. There are many other religious and ethnic celebrations in the United States.

Back