Happy Birthday!

tonycondon said:
Happy Birthday Nick!
Happy Birthday, Nick! :yes::yes::cheerswine::cheerswine:

I sure hope you spent it flying, rather than sitting at work, bored :goofy:

Happy birthday, and I hope you get lots of shortcuts and nice controllers! :rofl:

Last edited:
Happy Birthday, Nick!
I hope it's fabulous! <<hug>>

terry

Happy b'day to you
Happy b'day to you
Happy b'day dear Nick!
Happy b'day to you

:)

Thanks everyone!! This was a fun birthday.

First off, I got to fly, which is always nice. Then I took my final for my Part 141 Instrument Ground School. I got an 88.8%. Yay.

Then I took my Aviation Meterology final. Got a 95% on it. Yay.

By this time, I noticed that no one had wished me a happy birthday, not even my parents. Or Friends. I was a bit bummed, so I went flying again.

When I got home, my mom didn't say anything to me. I went back to mess around with my computer when I smelled my birthday dinner, Hamburger Helper and Brussel Sprouts (YUMM!!!! Oh I love that meal), so I knew they remembered.

My mom called me out of my room to see a bunch of my friends and my sister and niece and nephew out in the living room waiting for me. Nice little surprise party (which I've never had before!). It was great. Good way to make me feel better about getting old (24!!!)

Gifts:

1) A Remote Control Airplane
2) A hat, which reads "I'd Rather Be Flying"
3) An emergency flashlight with glass smashing hammer and seatbelt cutter (which is awesome considering my hatred and fear of seatbelts)
4) A keychain LED, which is superbright
5) Some customized guitar picks. Read "Nick Nitro." Bah...I needed picks anyways...Nitro is part of my past tho.

To top off the day, I went out front to smoke a cigarette. On the front porch was a package addressed to me. I, of course, ripped open the package to find out that the Lightspeed Headset I ordered came in. w00t!!!

Of course - all good things must come to an end, and I'm now at work for the night. But not before death by chocolate cake and peanut butter ice cream.

Sorry for the long story. I've been in a bit of a mood lately, and this day just made up for everything!

SkyHog said:
5) Some customized guitar picks. Read "Nick Nitro." Bah...I needed picks anyways...Nitro is part of my past tho.

Glad you had a good birthday. Tell us more about this Nitro thiing, sounds like a good story...

:frog:
Bill Jennings said:
Glad you had a good birthday. Tell us more about this Nitro thiing, sounds like a good story...

lol- its not much of a story. Was my gimmick when I wrestled while I lived in New Hampshire. Nick Nitro - from Talladega Alabama. I only wrestled for about about 2 years or so, and its something I'm fairly proud of....but still...

I am a little late to the party. Sorry. I am glad it was a good day.

I hope you have many more Happy Birthdays!

You're not getting older, you're getting much older. :)

Happy Birthday Nick!

SkyHog said:
Thanks everyone!! This was a fun birthday.

First off, I got to fly, which is always nice. Then I took my final for my Part 141 Instrument Ground School. I got an 88.8%. Yay.

Then I took my Aviation Meterology final. Got a 95% on it. Yay.

By this time, I noticed that no one had wished me a happy birthday, not even my parents. Or Friends. I was a bit bummed, so I went flying again.

When I got home, my mom didn't say anything to me. I went back to mess around with my computer when I smelled my birthday dinner, Hamburger Helper and Brussel Sprouts (YUMM!!!! Oh I love that meal), so I knew they remembered.

My mom called me out of my room to see a bunch of my friends and my sister and niece and nephew out in the living room waiting for me. Nice little surprise party (which I've never had before!). It was great. Good way to make me feel better about getting old (24!!!)

Gifts:

1) A Remote Control Airplane
2) A hat, which reads "I'd Rather Be Flying"
3) An emergency flashlight with glass smashing hammer and seatbelt cutter (which is awesome considering my hatred and fear of seatbelts)
4) A keychain LED, which is superbright

Well Happy Birthday, and good job on the writtens, I've got my Aussie Ag written Friday (Did my Aussie Air Law the other day with an 88%, that's the only of 7 subjects I had to sit for the CPL conversion), then check rides from the 21st through the 24th. CPL in an Arrow II, MEL in a 310 (multi here isn't a rating, rather an endorsement, and an endorsement per type at that, but relatively broad type, 310 gives me 401 & 402 as well) Night VFR (yes, a rating believe that or not, but then, so is most of the world) & Night ag dual portion in a 2 seat Pawnee as well as the dual part of the Ag Applicator (day). The solo portion is being done in an M-18 Drom (again, here Ag is type specific, however, you follow a proceedure for checking yourself out in each new plane, and then the operator or chief pilot for the operator signs you off). Oh yeah, there is no such thing as an "independant" CFI here. They have to work under an operators certificate. Not to say you can't have one plane or two planes and be a one man show, but you have to have 750 hrs of instructing for another operator before they (CASA) let you. Everything is very restrictive here. It's kinda funny, had it not been for a revolution, 'The American Colonies' I fear would be much the same, and to that I say 'viva la revolucion'. It is pretty though, lotta cool birds and critters, though I miss the large wild predators.

BTW, 24 is a great age to look at real estate. It's still the best way to make money. Multi Family units are usually the best deal, but you have to live in one and be very handy. You don't necessarilly even need a down, and oft you can get owner finance (you'll do the same in 25 years) as they enjoy the extra interest and can just repo away, you do typically need a down with them, but sometimes the 1st months mortgage check will do.

Good luck and one last thing, I've pulled my way out of several nasty twisted messes, never having a problem releasing my seat belt/harness.

OLD at (24). Oh! to be 24 again. When you get to be 70, then you can talk about old. Until then enjoy your youth. It seems it disappears all to soon. Happy birthday from Oregon.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

24, old. heh. I'm not too far away from being able to invert those numbers. EEK!! (ok ok not 40 yet...) I remember being 24...

woodstock said:
I'm not too far away from being able to invert those numbers. EEK!! (ok ok not 40 yet...) I remember being 24...

Ack! In two weeks I'll be able to invert Nick's numbers +1. Heck, today is the 25th anniversary of John Lennon's death. Can it be that many years ago already???????? :hairraise:

Glad you had a good B day Nick.

Congradts on the Exams.

I are you going to school to become and ATP?

dogman said:
Glad you had a good B day Nick.

Congradts on the Exams.

I are you going to school to become and ATP?

Nah - I was doing an aviation technology major. I have decided to change that to Computer Science instead. Next semester, all hard classes. Yay!

SkyHog said:
Nah - I was doing an aviation technology major. I have decided to change that to Computer Science instead. Next semester, all hard classes. Yay!

Wise decision. The beaurocracy with aviation is stifling.

SkyHog said:
:frog:

lol- its not much of a story. Was my gimmick when I wrestled while I lived in New Hampshire. Nick Nitro - from Talladega Alabama. I only wrestled for about about 2 years or so, and its something I'm fairly proud of....but still...
So you've gone from sweat hog to sky hog. (sweat hog was what we called wrestlers in HS.)

Yeah, happy beeeeeeelated birthday, boy.

Hey Nick, Happy Birthday from Georgia! Sounds like you had a very nice day. Enjoy those Lightspeeds; I know I do mine.

Back