Happy b'day Kimberly Anne

Oh, mercy me! Our perky lil' Cheerleader for airplanes is -- what -- 24, 25? (grin)

Have a great day, Kim - go flying!

Yeah, that! Many happy returns!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Go fly somewhere!

:cheerswine:

Oh, mercy me! Our perky lil' Cheerleader for airplanes is -- what -- 24, 25? (grin)

Have a great day, Kim - go flying!

Thanks but I'm 33 today. February 1st. Didn't know I was an airplane cheerleader - I'm old and would probably throw my back out or something with those high kicks.

Go fly somewhere!

:cheerswine:

Saturday I'm getting checked out in a 150 for $80 wet and I found a pilot who is young with less than 200 hours and he's willing to split costs / PIC time. I can now fly for $40 which is the best bday present I could have ever hoped for. He's only checked out in the 150 and not my other plane so I need to get this done. And when I asked him what his goals were, they were the same as mine - more cross countries, more talking to ATC, more practice of maneuvers. Should be very successful.

Saturday I'm getting checked out in a 150 for $80 wet and I found a pilot who is young with less than 200 hours and he's willing to split costs / PIC time. I can now fly for $40 which is the best bday present I could have ever hoped for. He's only checked out in the 150 and not my other plane so I need to get this done. And when I asked him what his goals were, they were the same as mine - more cross countries, more talking to ATC, more practice of maneuvers. Should be very successful.

That is great! See, there are ways to fly if you look hard enough.

Happy Birthday! and it sounds like you came across a pretty good deal on the 150. Let us know if that works out well. (Fingers crossed):fcross:

That is great! See, there are ways to fly if you look hard enough.

And it all started with an airplane ride I gave the airport manager. This young pilot gently asked if I had room in the back seat for him too, he came along, then I emailed him would he like to start a flying friendship. It is perfect, I just need to clear it with the flight school since the rental agreement says the renter has to be PIC and we will probably land somewhere and switch seats. He is always in / near the airport and seems to have lots of time to fly. Awesome!!!

PIC is a state of mind, not a seat in the cockpit! In any case i'm sure they will be fine with it if you are both checked out in the plane.

Happy Birthday!

PIC is a state of mind, not a seat in the cockpit! In any case i'm sure they will be fine with it if you are both checked out in the plane.

Happy Birthday!

That, and he is very well known and well trusted with the school. I'm the new one, he's been renting with them for a year.

And it all started with an airplane ride I gave the airport manager. This young pilot gently asked if I had room in the back seat for him too, he came along, then I emailed him would he like to start a flying friendship. It is perfect, I just need to clear it with the flight school since the rental agreement says the renter has to be PIC and we will probably land somewhere and switch seats. He is always in / near the airport and seems to have lots of time to fly. Awesome!!!
If it's like ours, you would just check out the plane to one or both of you with a note that the other will also be flying so that they can check that both pilots are checked out and current. Also, split the time on the sheet when you're done so you both get "credit" for airplane currency.

Happy Birthday Kim! I hope it's the best! Thanks for being so welcoming!

Happy Birthday Kim! I hope it's the best! Thanks for being so welcoming!

It is awesome to see a new female student pilot on this board (there are others here but you are the newest I think). Have fun in your training.

I admire your ingenuity! Rather that cut the flying time you doubled it! Nice!

If it's like ours, you would just check out the plane to one or both of you with a note that the other will also be flying so that they can check that both pilots are checked out and current. Also, split the time on the sheet when you're done so you both get "credit" for airplane currency.

Not sure if I can since he gets an even better rate than me (I think that's what he said) which means if it is all on him and I pay him half we save even more. But you're right, the school needs to see I'm flying often and in their planes.

Not sure if I can since he gets an even better rate than me (I think that's what he said) which means if it is all on him and I pay him half we save even more. But you're right, the school needs to see I'm flying often and in their planes.

They also probably have at least a 90 day policy where if you don't rent from them you need to get check out again.

They also probably have at least a 90 day policy where if you don't rent from them you need to get check out again.

No thank goodness they do not. Neither of my schools do in fact. I did ask the CFI this and she said if they happen to notice you haven't been flying in a while (for example you've been gone over 2 months) - they will say something like "hey before you leave can we send a CFI up with you to go once around the pattern" or something. She made it seem casual though 2 months is not that long and is less than 90 days. I sure hope I can fly BOTH the 172 and the 150 at least once every 2 months. My "old" school where I trained is way more laid back and I don't think they'd question my currency especially since the 172 is the same year / model (with the exception of the 180hp conversion and some fancy instruments). And though I haven't flown it I've been told the 150 is just like a 152.

Happy bday kim,
Sounds like you already got your bday present, $80 an hour, man...

Have fun gliding in NV

Happy bday kim,
Sounds like you already got your bday present, $80 an hour, man...

Have fun gliding in NV

Oh and thanks but no idea when I'll get to NV. Not sure how "good" the gliding is in winter but I think it would be pretty neat to see all the snow. Just would be hard to plan, weather wise.

Happy Birthday, Kimberely! You're 33? We have a GREAT DEAL in common: I'm a former 33 year old myself. Bad joke, I know.

Happy Birthday, Kimberely! You're 33? We have a GREAT DEAL in common: I'm a former 33 year old myself. Bad joke, I know.

That is HORRIBLE. Since you're in my area, I'm sure we'll meet one day. Until then here is a horrible joke to pay you back:

What did the Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?

"Make me one with everything."

Back