Hangar lease rates?

painless

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Jeff Orear
Just curious...... What are you paying for the land lease for hangars at your airport? We currently pay .20/sq ft at KMNM (Menominee Mi in da UP) and am curious to see how we compare.

Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Peshtigo, WI

A guy at Gunnison, CO told me he was paying .32 when we were at his hangar last week.
Just curious...... What are you paying for the land lease for hangars at your airport? We currently pay .20/sq ft at KMNM (Menominee Mi in da UP) and am curious to see how we compare.

Jeff Orear
RV6A N782P
Peshtigo, WI

His hangar is slightly smaller than an acre. By maybe 85% or so. How big is yours?

At .32, that's almost $14,000 per acre in rent.

I'm sure my phone has a calculator app on one of those pages. I'll get back to you with a value on it.

That's kinds personal isn't it?

There's a large hangar for sale right now at H88 (Fredericktown, Mo). Land lease is $300/yr.

I rent a nice T hangar there. Just a couple of years old, conc floor, power door. $175/mo.

My land lease on a 55' x 60' lot at DTN is $760.00 per year...
This includes water. I pay electric.

Chris

I rent what looks like a 1940s T- hangar with just a couple of inches clearance for the wing in the Mooney for $267 a month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

KDVT - small T-hanger (930 sq ft) $199 /mo. Motorized bi-fold door. w/ electricity.

KDVT - small T-hanger (930 sq ft) $199 /mo. Motorized bi-fold door. w/ electricity.

Lucky. At KCHD that same hangar just slightly bigger runs $300/mo and they're impossible to find. I'm glad I have one, I almost had to go to FFZ. And there are no inside lights which is really weird.

Lucky. At KCHD that same hangar just slightly bigger runs $300/mo and they're impossible to find. I'm glad I have one, I almost had to go to FFZ. And there are no inside lights which is really weird.
Can you even get a hangar at FFZ? My dad keeps his Lance at Falcon....before that he was stuck at DVT for a few years while on the waiting for FFZ.

And I would call low rates at DVT lucky..there is a reason they are lower and more available. ...no one wants to be there!

Can you even get a hangar at FFZ? My dad keeps his Lance at Falcon....before that he was stuck at DVT for a few years while on the waiting for FFZ.

And I would call low rates at DVT lucky..there is a reason they are lower and more available. ...no one wants to be there!

Yeah you can at FFZ. They were primarily community hangars which is fine with me.

Ah, so is it just the T hangars that are hard to get?

In Falcon I suppose so. At Chandler there really aren't any community hangars. I rented a spot in a sort-of community hangar (guy owned one big hangar, rented space for airplanes along just the walls so we all go in/out on our own) but it was sold. If people would take their non-aviation selves out of the city hangars that'd be nice.. I'd say 1/3 of the people don't have anything airplane related in them. :mad2:

My T-hangar is 138/mo. Don't know the exact square footage but its a roughly 40x30' T hangar. Airport also has a rule that you must have an airplane but they waive that requirement until some with an airplane comes along and wants it, then you get 30 days to clear out.

I had the option of taking a larger hangar from the county police that way but I'm happy with what I've got.

Land lease for building a private hangar that reverts to the airport in 40 years has been 10 cents per square foot per year since the first one was built. If i apply an inflation calculator to that and the date it was built, the next one should be 20 cents per square foot per year. Small Arkansas city, population about 30K. Another ~50K people in the immediate area. Airport has about 60 based planes

I'm paying $400/mo for a T-hangar at ORF. PVG is $450 for same size hangar. CPK is the cheapest in the area - you can get a small T-hangar for a single around $260.

.08cents/sq.ft. for the land for thirty years. Subject to go up .02 every six years.

We have plans to build a box hangar.

My hangar is big enough to fit about any GA airplane. It has a nice bifold electric door and good cement floor. Two 15 amp circuits. I pay $80/month.

I really miss the bi-fold door but after 25 years it's probably time to get over it.
My hangar is big enough to fit about any GA airplane. It has a nice bifold electric door and good cement floor. Two 15 amp circuits. I pay $80/month.

Back