Hangar Apartments/Condo for short term rent

rkinzer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
R Kinzer
Has anyone come across hangar/condo set-ups where owners are renting out for a weekend/week or longer? The concept is basically a hangar where you can park the airplane and live in the hangar for a short vacation. I would be interested in renting for a few months in the right location. I've looked around on the internet for a good source of rentals but have not been successful. A good location for me would be along the eastern US coast or the great lakes region. However it would be great to have a handful of these set-ups in some metro areas. I used to live in the Chicago are and Popular Grove, IL has a number of hangar condos on the airport. Pretty nice.

Bedfordlandings.com is the closest I’ve found. Not been there, yet. Know the gent casually, good guy.

Interested to hear of more.

I'm of no help in finding a solution to your problem. However I have often wondered how lucrative an airbnb on an airpark would be in say the Branson area. :)

I’ve read some bylaws that have rental restrictions in airparks. Most properties are custom builds too in airparks. Great idea but I haven’t seen rentals, you might find a house share though.

I think AviateInn (which is a super nice 2br with attached hangar) in Apopka airport has daily and monthly rentals there (near orlando).

I saved this for a future vacation in the Florida Keys

Just be aware that most keys in lower Monroe county have rental restriction requiring 4 week minimums. Venture Out, on Cudjoe, does not have that restriction since it was built as an RV park but has 'permanent' installations. My father's home across the canal fell subject to the restrictions enacted after a dozen years of ownership so he sold it; 4-6 weeks worth of rental per year paid the taxes and landscaping. The 4 week deal screwed the pooch.

Just be aware that most keys in lower Monroe county have rental restriction requiring 4 week minimums. Venture Out, on Cudjoe, does not have that restriction since it was built as an RV park but has 'permanent' installations. My father's home across the canal fell subject to the restrictions enacted after a dozen years of ownership so he sold it; 4-6 weeks worth of rental per year paid the taxes and landscaping. The 4 week deal screwed the pooch.

Good to know! I’ll keep that in mind when we finally make the trip

Back