Halls Air Show

I have flown into Halls before. There is an avionics guy in that area who does pitot static altimeter transponder checks and Halls is one of the airports he works out of. Fair warning for anyone going in there. The runway is kind of rough with raised ridges significant enough that I was concerned my small wheels on the Lancair could sustain damage.

I have flown into Halls before. There is an avionics guy in that area who does pitot static altimeter transponder checks and Halls is one of the airports he works out of. Fair warning for anyone going in there. The runway is kind of rough with raised ridges significant enough that I was concerned my small wheels on the Lancair could sustain damage.

Yeah I noticed the runway doesn't look all that good from above. They describe it as fair. We'll see. Haven't even seen a TFR out on it yet. They told me just to arrive before 1 PM.

Good little air show. Kind of a fiasco with about 5-6 airplanes arriving at once with no air boss on the freq. The runway condition is fair but the ramp was horrible. Generally I don't like taking the Velocity off roading but that's essentially what it was. Pot holes, rocks / gravel everywhere. Can't believe I didn't ding the prop in that mess. Worth the trip just to watch the Mustangs do extra fly-bys at the end.

Attachments

• IMGP5048 (2).JPG
    IMGP5048 (2).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • IMGP4979.JPG
    IMGP4979.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 8
  • IMGP5012.JPG
    IMGP5012.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMGP5071.JPG
    IMGP5071.JPG