This joker is lucky to be alive!

One of the greatest pilots of our time. The great Cardinal pilot!

I am amazed he keeps flying. Seems every video has some level of danger. eyeroll

Anybody else catch him saying ‘power idle- GUMPS check’ right as he was in the flare? His eyes remained focused outside on the landing, so maybe that was just a nervous habit to call GUMPS check 1.5sec prior to touchdown?
I thought I heard that correctly. Not sure what good a GUMPS check is in the flare.:dunno:

What. A. Tool.

Jesse, I can’t believe you’re still alive. That was quite a cavalier attitude just dropping into Gaston’s like that with nary a thought to the DANGER you were in.

He and Mr Aviation see to be in a race for howfastcanIrunthroughmychecklistitemssoIsoundreallycoolbutImnotactuallysureifIdidanyofthem

An awful lot of manufactured drama. I try to avoid even the naturally occurring type, if only to keep passengers from freaking out or vowing never to fly in one of those scary little airplanes again.

On a totally unrelated topic, do people still use the word, "nincompoop"?

I was going to make a crack about the field being big enough to land bombers, and the kid using the plane to impress the girls, but I won't say anything about either.

Show off.

That guy was in a canyon full of birds! Birds!
tenor.gif

"Not the smoothest [runway]" he says. She then asks, "Are we on the ground?"

Canyon. Mountains. Maybe he should try some flying through Canada's Rockies:

P1000542A.jpg

And that's a tame route, through Jasper.

Dude, don't get me started on those power lines. He could get into ag flying with those powerline avoidance skills of his.

The other video (now been taken down) was about how hard it was to get off the ground and climb, and how he had to make a swift move to avoid the power lines on the climbout.

Hoonah, AK. Pretty tame runway for Alaska. It is even paved..!!! Salmon fishing in the stream, unless the bears are there first. And yes, I keep the aircraft above the terrain at all times.....

HNH-b.jpg

How would our hero do here..??

I thought I heard that correctly. Not sure what good a GUMPS check is in the flare.:dunno:

Maybe we're all misunderstanding him. Perhaps he said, "BUMPS check," meaning that he planned to bounce that landing. Or he was hoping to be bumping uglies with one of his passengers whose lives were owed to his legendary pilotage, hence, "Bumps check?" Or maybe he was making certain that the danger was real by verifying his passengers' goosebumps, since a. he had noted rabid geese on the runway, and b. his passengers surely had goosebumps from the imminent peril they were in the entire flight? Maybe he noticed a couple geese bump into each other while they fled for their existence while he bore down on them on his overly-fast final? BUMPS check. I'm sure of it.

If this is the worst thing anyone here does in aviation, than I’m happy to know you are all perfect.

You know he makes money when you guys watch the videos, right? :lol:

Not necessarily. You have to hit a threshold number of hits before they start paying you. Most people that add videos to youtube don't have that kind of audience.

Did he lean forward or comment on teh accuracy of his instruments?

The poster child for why one shouldn't film one's flights. Its becoming my favorite saying. Less evidence created means less to burn.

Two things came to mind as I watched this. I hope he added the narration afterwords if not,

Shut up all of you in the video

AND

One teenager:= 1 brain

Two teenagers together:= 1/2 brain each

Three teenagers together:= 1/3 brain each

This dude is dangerous and is he flying Dad's 177RG ?

He's in the big leagues more. Flying jets it seems. Hopefully not into gastons though..

I can’t tell if he is serious or if he is just real goofy like that

Back