images

"Joining the river for the one way final"
"Final one way in one way out"
"Like an instrument approach through the mountains here"
"Lot of birds in this canyon"
"We need to have a go around procedure ready"
"We have good power right now"
"Power had to be added because of wind shear"

After watching that, I realize I have no skillz.

Or, there is this, which I made ten years ago and uploaded to YouTube while that kid was still crapping his pants in elementary school.

He will ultimately surpass me in views however he will never receive a like and endorsement from the late Jim Gaston’s like my video received.

He can add writing that rolls with the terrain, but can’t spell the word surrounding.

What a drama queen. If doing that in a 177 gets him that wound up, he should try it in a twin going 50-60 mph quicker.

I didn’t know cardinals could be such hard aircraft to fly. Makes me not want to fly in to Gaston’s.

“Note: Aircraft remains higher than the surrounding terrain for safety.”

That’s a good tip.
LOL! I was just about to say the same.

I see he points out power lines and refers to them as obstacles, but at no point do they appear to be a factor of any kind.
:dunno:

Gaston's is hardly a death trap airport. I like flying in there. Some really good memories. "Diana, does your airplane always trail smoke?"

Or, there is this, which I made ten years ago and uploaded to YouTube while that kid was still crapping his pants in elementary school.

He will ultimately surpass me in views however he will never receive a like and endorsement from the late Jim Gaston’s like my video received.

Jesse, I watched your video before going last year to Gaston's and coming from the north, followed your suggestions almost exactly. I did stay a bit wider on downwind and turned base closer to the bend in the river having to stay a bit faster in the 310. After watching your video and google earthing it, when I showed up I felt perfectly comfortable. Thanks for making this.

All it needed was a Top Gun quote like “Talk to me, Goose,” when they saw geese, and it would have revealed itself to be the true joke that it is. I will fly with just about anybody, but I wouldn’t trust that guy to fill a bucket with rainwater.

Anybody else catch him saying ‘power idle- GUMPS check’ right as he was in the flare? His eyes remained focused outside on the landing, so maybe that was just a nervous habit to call GUMPS check 1.5sec prior to touchdown?

You know he makes money when you guys watch the videos, right? :lol:

This guy made it sound like flying the the Rockies. Have never been to Gastyon's but it does not look like the flight of death he made it out to be.

1: I didn't know there were canyons in Arkansas.
2: Dude needs to enunciate his radio calls, that last one was just about unintelligible.

This guy made it sound like flying the the Rockies. Have never been to Gastyon's but it does not look like the flight of death he made it out to be.

That was my thought as well. I have never been there but looking at videos and overhead pictures of the strip, it doesn’t appear to be all that difficult. If it was, I doubt if he would have been doing all of that narration rather than focusing on the approach. It was all for the camera and the chicks.

Back