Hahahahaha Duke!!!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
I called it months ago - Duke upset in the Sweet 16! On the bracket, I picked them to the final game because it wouldn't have been smart to bet otherwise, but I just won money from two different people because DUKE CHOKED!!!

I hate Duke with all of my passion, and they blew it! That big guy, Number 0, singlehandedly showed why Duke is overrated.

Go UCONN!

SkyHog said:
I called it months ago - Duke upset in the Sweet 16! On the bracket, I picked them to the final game because it wouldn't have been smart to bet otherwise, but I just won money from two different people because DUKE CHOKED!!!

I hate Duke with all of my passion, and they blew it! That big guy, Number 0, singlehandedly showed why Duke is overrated.

Go UCONN!
My hometown cinderella team, Bradley, got whomped 80-65 by #1 Memphis. :(

Duke LOST????

From Chapel Hill I can only say "WOO-HOO!!!"!!!!

If Carolina didn't make it (and I STILL don't know what the heck happened to those kids!) then this is the next best thing!! :D :D :D :D

SkyHog said:

Go UCONN!

What a game, I LOVED it! So sorry Dukies, don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out. Here, JJ, here's a hanky to blow your nose, boo hoo hoo hoo!

Bye bye Duke!

Gloating is so unbecoming....

My dad did predict it to me, though. He said just watch they'll double up on JJ and Sheldon Williams will be handled by the big guy Davis. Watching him reminds me of the time my dad and I were sitting behind the basket at the old Omni for a Ga. Tech/LSU game. Musta been 1990 or so. All you could see was this huge widebody -- SHAQ! -- under the basket. Good times.

But did any of you see the end of the UCLA/Gonzaga game?!?! :hairraise:

THAT is why I think March Madness is better than anything out there.

-Rich

As a Gonzaga fan, I was embarrased.
As a person, I have never screamed so many profanities for a sporting event. Unbelievable. yes it was an exciting ending, but the Zags just totally blew it. Up 17 at one point, and up 7 with 2 minutes left, totally choked. Next year i guess

rpadula said:
Gloating is so unbecoming....

Yeah, it is, and if it were anyone else but Duke, I'd be subdued, but I have a special place in my heart for dukies.

I'll say this, yesterday was by far the best day of College Basketball I've ever witnessed. Who would have picked Texas winning in the last second shot like that?

Who would have picked Puke to lose to LSU?

Not only that, but they were both great games.

And while gloating is unbecoming.....I'd like to see what the JJ Reddick fans call what they did all year long.

Also, at least Adam Morrison went out fighting.

Next year, it'll be the Lobos as the Cinderella in the Sweet 16

rpadula said:
But did any of you see the end of the UCLA/Gonzaga game?!?! :hairraise:

THAT is why I think March Madness is better than anything out there.

Yep, the NCAA's game for game provide more excitement than any other sport I can think of. Just great to see.

1st/2nd round tickets for Winston-Salem 2007 go on sale today, my brother should have already gotten ours!!!

OK, I'm over Duke messing up my bracket....so in the office, we call this "10 yard penalty for piling on" regardless of sport :D

-Rich

Attachments

• JJ.jpg
    JJ.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 23
i gotta quit looking at stuff like that at work. when i start laughing they all know im not working :)

tonycondon said:
As a Gonzaga fan, I was embarrased.
As a person, I have never screamed so many profanities for a sporting event. Unbelievable. yes it was an exciting ending, but the Zags just totally blew it. Up 17 at one point, and up 7 with 2 minutes left, totally choked. Next year i guess

The Texas / West Virginia game gave the fans their money's worth, too. If it's basketball, it has to be college ball. The NBA has nothing to match this.

roger that ghery. the only basketball i ever watch is a couple games during march

Hailing from Raleigh, I have been a life long NC State Wolfpack fan.(Go Pack!)
A lot of my friends pull for Carolina and I pull for my friends.. but DUKE...I would only pull for them if they were playing Russia. My disdain is not for the School its self, but the "typical" " Dukkie" . Sportsmanship is truly lacking from this crowd IMHO. well..not so humble!
KD

cherokeeflyboy said:
My disdain is not for the School its self, but the "typical" " Dukkie" . Sportsmanship is truly lacking from this crowd IMHO. well..not so humble!
KD

ah, someone who understands the dukie.

yes, sir; yes, sir; three bags full! You are absolutely spot on with that assessment!

Used to be I'd pull for Carolina, then ANY NC team, then ANY ACC team, then whoever caught my fancy after that.

Then, one tournament, when Carolina was playing a semi-final game (I think) I saw Duke students rooting for our opponent. That stopped my cheering for Duke dead in the water. Well, pots and kettles, geese and ganders, you know?

So now it's: First Carolina, then any NC team EXCEPT Duke, then any ACC team... EXCEPT Duke, then whoever is PLAYING Duke at the time. I cannot imagine the set of circumstances that would cause me to ever cheer for Duke again. Ick.

Back