Had to surrender my pilot's certificate!

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
What a morning. I woke up and decided to fly down to Selinsgrove since it was such a nice day out. I landed, and then this guy started asking me a bunch of questions, and insisted we go flying. Then, at the end of it all, he made me surrender my pilot's certificate...

...and then gave me a paper one labeled "Private Pilot - Airplane Single Engine Land Instrument Airplane"

I'm done flying for the day, time for a beer! :yes:

Last edited:
Good on you, Ted. Welcome to the ancient and eternal order of pilots.

Way to go, Ted. I knew the outcome last night, other than your less than positive attitude about it.

:yes::D:rofl::goofy:

:cheerswine::cheerswine::cheerswine::cheerswine::cheerswine:

Congrats Ted. That is great!

What a morning. I woke up and decided to fly down to Selinsgrove since it was such a nice day out. I landed, and then this guy started asking me a bunch of questions, and insisted we go flying. Then, at the end of it all, he made me surrender my pilot's certificate...

...and then gave me a paper one labeled "Private Pilot - Airplane Single Engine Land Istrument Airplane"

I'm done flying for the day, time for a beer! :yes:

Congrats Ted!!

Guess you've earned that beer! :cheerswine:

Gary

Congratulations Ted. Did you file IFR on the way home?

I thought about it, but I was mentally exhausted from the check ride, and picking up the clearance out of that airport requires you call, so it's a bit of a hassle. I just hopped in the plane and came home.

Tomorrow's supposed to have some more flying. For that, I may file instrument just for the fun of it. :)

Way to go Ted. Looking forward to hearing about more of your flying experiences.

Best,

Dave

Congrats Ted, I will be there one day.

Enjoy

Tim

I thought about it, but I was mentally exhausted from the check ride, and picking up the clearance out of that airport requires you call, so it's a bit of a hassle. I just hopped in the plane and came home.

Tomorrow's supposed to have some more flying. For that, I may file instrument just for the fun of it. :)

Congratulations and welcome to the hassles of filing.

Clearance Delivery needs to be on speed dial.

;-)

Oh Ted, you gave me a scare for a minute.

As some of you know, I had the pleasure of camping next to Ted and Missa at OSH. What an intelligent and nice young man. A big hug and congratulations.

:cheers:

Linda

Oh Ted, you gave me a scare for a minute.

That was the intention, glad it worked! :D

As some of you know, I had the pleasure of camping next to Ted and Missa at OSH. What an intelligent and nice young man. A big hug and congratulations.

:cheers:

Thanks, Linda! I very much enjoyed camping next to you as well, and am looking forward to next year!

In the mean time, lots more flying, just not until tomorrow. ;)

Ted, that is so great. Good work. Heck, I just had a beer to celebrate. You've just got a ticket to wonderful adventures. Use it wisely.

Ted, congratulations! Welcome to the Eternal Order of Blind Flying Pilots!

Thats great Ted I frankly had my doubts but glad you proved me wrong :rofl:

Nah never had a doubt. now file every flight for the next 6 mo and get it drilled in.

You should have told that bum off and made sure you kept your certificate. Don't take that kind of beating!

Wait... Oooooohhh... you meant you got a temporary certificate for with an instrument rating? I seeeee.... Nice job!

:D

CONGRATS TED!!

Now if I can finish up soon, I'd be a happy camper. OK back to the books for me.

Thats great Ted I frankly had my doubts but glad you proved me wrong :rofl:

It's good to know I can always count on my friends to support me! :rofl:

Nah never had a doubt. now file every flight for the next 6 mo and get it drilled in.

I just filed my first solo IFR flight plan! Looking at the clouds, I may get a few minutes of actuals this morning! Woohoo! :D

Congratulations Ted!!! Time to start on that Com. Ticket?

The next thing for me will be multi-engine, as soon as I get the details on my training for it worked out. That will help me get towards the required 250 hours for the Comm. Comm (SEL and MEL) will come when I hit that magic 250, followed shortly by CFI.

The DE said that he wanted to talk to me when I got my CFI, as he said he needs a good one for his business. I thought that was quite the compliment, and I would certainly enjoy working for him, so we'll see what happens! :)

Congratulations!

I had to "surrender" my certificate at the end of June, for the same reason! I intended to file and fly right away, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Instead, I got my tailwheel sign-off in the Cub. Now I know what those people are talking about by flying airplanes with the third wheel in "the right place." I would highly recommend it!

Fly safe.
________
og kush

Last edited:
Congrats Ted!
Fly safe!

:cheerswine:

Congratulations on the big hurdle, Ted! Enjoy your new privileges, and be careful in the coming winter months.

Ted,.. you know,.. there's only one real way to say Congradulations in my house.....

PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.

Congrats!

Rob,Becky, Isabella (left) and Allison (right) :cheerswine:

(For those that don't know, They made one for me after my first Solo, and passing my Private Checkride, See my Blog for pics of those,... starting the tradition)

Attachments

• CIMG3060.JPG
    CIMG3060.JPG
    465.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Congrats Ted, although this seems bland compared to the outstanding hand written congrats poster from the children.:yes:

Back