Had a sleep study, anxiously awaiting diagnosis

U

Unregistered

After a couple months of having period insomnia and trying to fall asleep, I saw a sleep doctor and was scheduled for a sleep study, which I had the other night.

Never imagined how many wires were involved - LOL. I must have looked like a monster from a bad 50's sci fi movie. I should have taken a selfie of it.

I was worried about falling asleep, since I was in a strange place with all the wires hooked up, so after about an hour where I couldn't get to sleep, they came in and gave me a sleep aid of some sort. I'm guessing something like ambien, but not sure. I do remember it was a really small little tablet, and thought there's no way that's going to do anything. But within about 20 or 30 minutes, I guess I finally drifted off.

Next thing I remember was the sleep tech coming in and saying okay, they'd gotten enough readings, so they were going to try CPAP on me. I haven't been so relieved in a long time, knowing I had finally drifted off and they got all the readings they needed. I was worried about maybe being the only patient that night who might never drift off to sleep.

After fitting me with the CPAP, which just covered the nose (it wasn't a full face mask), I managed to fall asleep again, I think on my back, which if so was good, because it's been years since I've been able to fall asleep on my back because I would start to snore and wake myself. I've had to fall asleep lying on my side for a long time.

After a few more hours, at about 6 in the morning, they woke me up and told me they'd gotten all the readings they needed with the CPAP. The techs didn't make an attempt to evaluate the readings right then, I guess they don't have time, and the readings have to been interpreted by the doctor anyway. My follow up visit for the doctor's interpretation, and hopefully diagnosis and prescription, is for later this coming week.

I'm so glad I had this done, and I got myself worked up over nothing. The techs were great, and the facility was really nice and conducive to sleeping. I'm looking forward to the diagnosis, which I expect to be some flavor of OSA, with a prescription for CPAP therapy.

I've read a lot of folks saying CPAP was one of the best things that ever happened to them, and I really hope that turns out to be the case for me. There have been some rough nights over the past couple months where it took me hours to fall asleep, and I'd jerk myself awake snoring. Pretty sure it's OSA. If CPAP can help restore me to a good night's rest, I'm all for it.

Once I get this behind me, I think I'll pursue going ahead and getting the third class medical so I'm ready to start training (which might not be for a few more months). Not sure how long it takes to get the SI for OSA and CPAP therapy, but I guess I should start sooner than later just in case.

Anyway, for anybody who's been struggling with what they suspect might be OSA or a bad night's sleep, I say go for it, and have the sleep study done. I think it's going to make a world of difference in my quality of life.

Thanks for reading!

Using a CPAP was a great move for me after the study. I felt great. Good luck and wise move taking the initiative.

One tip for anyone considering getting a sleep study. Be sure your sleep testing facility schedules both the sleep evaluation and the cpap test on the same night, as 'unregistered' did above.

My 'sleep center' had me come in twice, once for the study then again for the cpap evaluation.

I'm 100% certain that the only reason to spend two nights in a sleep center is just to rip off the patient. In my case I never even saw the 'sleep doctor', they just faxed a report to my GP.

Oh, and of course the sleep center wants to sell you the machine also. If you are prescribed CPAP I'd put as much effort into picking the right machine at the right price as you would for buying a new tablet based navigator for your airplane.

A lot of people (like me) greatly benefit from CPAP. But watch out, there are a lot of outfits that want to cash in on your misfortune along the way.

One tip for anyone considering getting a sleep study. Be sure your sleep testing facility schedules both the sleep evaluation and the cpap test on the same night, as 'unregistered' did above.

My 'sleep center' had me come in twice, once for the study then again for the cpap evaluation.

I'm 100% certain that the only reason to spend two nights in a sleep center is just to rip off the patient. In my case I never even saw the 'sleep doctor', they just faxed a report to my GP.

Oh, and of course the sleep center wants to sell you the machine also. If you are prescribed CPAP I'd put as much effort into picking the right machine at the right price as you would for buying a new tablet based navigator for your airplane.

A lot of people (like me) greatly benefit from CPAP. But watch out, there are a lot of outfits that want to cash in on your misfortune along the way.

When I scheduled the study, I specifically requested a split study (I think that's what they call it) and they said that's the kind they normally try to do, but it's based on the patient falling asleep early enough they have time to collect all the readings without CPAP, and then if there's enough time left over, in the middle of the night they'll wake you up and try the CPAP. I got the impression they needed about three hours of readings without the CPAP, and another two to three with it, to do an accurate diagnosis. Luckily, I fell asleep early enough they could do that.

When I was talking with the doctor, she made it sound like they don't sell any of the machines themselves, but refer people to a DME (durable medical equipment) provider. I'm sure there are places that do try to sell the machines themselves, too, so yeah that's something to watch out for.

I told them that if CPAP was the prescribed treatment, I wanted a good machine, and one that would suit my needs for a while. Including downloadable readings (mostly for the third class medical if I have to verify usage), altitude adjustment because I might be moving in the next year or so back to the mountains, and I'd prefer a built-in humidifier if possible because I tend to suffer from dry mouth. They said they basically would do the prescription, and then it would be up to me, the DME, and my insurance on how much I could spend. Frankly, I don't care what my insurance is willing to pay. If they're not willing to cover the full amount, I'll buy what I want and get as much out of them as I can.

So far I've been very happy with the place I went - they seem to care more about proper diagnosis and treatment than selling stuff to the patient. That's a very refreshing thing to find when dealing with doctors today.

Since you are anonymous, would you mind sharing your weight and BMI with us?

If you do need a CPAP you'll get a prescription. Do some research, ask around (here is a good place), then mail order the thing. If you use a DME, you'll get one that costs maybe double the mail order price and you'll have whatever insurance and copays to deal with. Depending on your copays, you could be better off paying out of pocket. Make sure you get one with recording capability - that is a must for FAA!! The machine should last at least 5yrs.

Use the DME for a mask. They'll fit you with one, and also allow you to try a couple so you can find one that works best for you. After that, mail order replacements. You'll need a new one as the silicone seals and cushions age. Maybe once or twice a year, it just depends. You'll know when it's time.

Since you are anonymous, would you mind sharing your weight and BMI with us?

I'm 6'1" and about 260 pounds. IIRC, they measured my neck at about 17 inches. I've never had my BMI calculated, and the sleep doc's office didn't calculate it as far as I know, so unfortunately I don't know my BMI.

I know I've gained at least 40 pounds since taking on a pretty high-stress job in the past few years. That's got to have contributed to the problem. I'm trying to get back on a decent diet and exercise program, but it's slow going.

To the other posters, thanks for the info on the DME, insurance, masks, and CPAP info. I'll definitely check into all that!

I'm 6'1" and about 260 pounds. IIRC, they measured my neck at about 17 inches. I've never had my BMI calculated, and the sleep doc's office didn't calculate it as far as I know, so unfortunately I don't know my BMI.

I know I've gained at least 40 pounds since taking on a pretty high-stress job in the past few years. That's got to have contributed to the problem. I'm trying to get back on a decent diet and exercise program, but it's slow going.

To the other posters, thanks for the info on the DME, insurance, masks, and CPAP info. I'll definitely check into all that!

BMI is 34.3
Clinically obese
https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm

Greatest risk factor for OSA is being overweight.
Being overweight affects other organs negatively also.

http://sleepapnea.org/assets/files/pdf/STOP-BANG Questionnaire.pdf

If your sleep study is positive, and by your own description it likely is, cpap is an option. Another option and most importantly would be to lose weight. An emerging treatment for OSA is radiofrequency tongue base ablation. You might look into it.
http://www.entnet.org/Practice/Submucosal-ablation-of-the-tongue-base-for-OSAS.cfm

I got a ResMed S-9 Auto. I think that's the king of all CPAPs.

In doing some Googling, the ResMed S-9 does seem like a really nice unit.

Does anybody have opinions on a good Internet/mail order place to get something like that? I would like to compare local DME prices and Internet prices, but there seem to be a lot of places online that sell CPAP machines, and I'm not sure which have good reputations. Looking for recommendations, if anybody has any.

I haven't been prescribed for it just yet, my follow-up meeting with the doctor is later this week. But based on the presumably good results the tech took with me on CPAP during the study, I fully expect that will be the recommended therapy.

Thanks!

I use the S-9 I like it. I was going to go the internet route and ended up going with the local DME. It cost me approximately $200 more but the way my insurance works it was the only option at least the first time around also it is important to get a good mask fit.

If you are going to buy online make sure your insurance company doesn't require that you demonstrate compliance prior to their covering (or covering their part depending on your plan) the unit. You may or may not be able to do this with an online vendor. In my case the DME "rents" you the machine (it is brand new) for 10 months and at the end of that time you own it. After a few months you send them your data card (make sure you get two you will need one for FAA compliance) they then verify with the insurance company that you are using the machine.

I am about to buy some new supplies and will do that online as they are a little cheaper.

For compliance data you can download Resmeds Rescan software it is a little tricky because they don't make it available to the general public but links to download it can be found on the various sleep apnea forums. There is also an opensource application called sleepyhead that is easy to download and will produce the reports you need.

In doing some Googling, the ResMed S-9 does seem like a really nice unit.

Does anybody have opinions on a good Internet/mail order place to get something like that? I would like to compare local DME prices and Internet prices, but there seem to be a lot of places online that sell CPAP machines, and I'm not sure which have good reputations. Looking for recommendations, if anybody has any.

I haven't been prescribed for it just yet, my follow-up meeting with the doctor is later this week. But based on the presumably good results the tech took with me on CPAP during the study, I fully expect that will be the recommended therapy.

Thanks!

I've had really good success for a lot of years with:
http://www.cpap-supply.com/aboutus.asp

The owner at least is a pilot.

ResMed is a good brand.

DeVilbiss is also a good choice (it's what I have) - with the DeVilbiss units you can generate your own compliance reports without the need to purchase or download any other s/w. They will display an alphanumeric code that you type into the DeVilbiss website, that code gets read and the info within it gets translated into a PDF report that you can save and print. It's pretty simple to use.

Some brands have an SD card or other memory card that needs to be removed, others require a cable connection to a PC.

edit: remember that the machine is pretty much foolproof. It gets set with whatever pressure your prescription requires and that's about all there is to it. No need to use a DME unless it makes sense based on insurance reimbursement.

The mask is a good thing to get from the DME, the first time. You'll need to get properly fitted and maybe try two or three to find one that works best for you. After that, mail order it.

Last edited:
Thanks for the additional info.

Regarding the CPAP machines with download capability, does the FAA know how to interpret each manufacturer's data on the cards?

Aren't there also AMEs who can do SIs right in their office? I'm an impatient person, so would probably go that route instead, even if it meant flying to an AME who could do that.

Unless these manufacturers all store CPAP data in the same format, it seems the FAA and AMEs would have to have every version of software out there, and know how to use it, which doesn't seem likely.

Thanks!

Regarding the CPAP machines with download capability, does the FAA know how to interpret each manufacturer's data on the cards?

Aren't there also AMEs who can do SIs right in their office? I'm an impatient person, so would probably go that route instead, even if it meant flying to an AME who could do that.

Unless these manufacturers all store CPAP data in the same format, it seems the FAA and AMEs would have to have every version of software out there, and know how to use it, which doesn't seem likely.

Thanks!

No - the FAA doesn't interpret info from the cards. Each brand uses a proprietary format. You have to somehow generate a report that says you have been compliant. That means that in the past 90 days, you have used the CPAP >90% of the time for >4hrs per day. FAA ideally wants >6hrs, but a lot of machines only record >4hr occurrences. Also, I am not sure if it's really>90%, it might be >70%. The report will be something very simple - most have a "compliance" report that just says something very similar to "87/90 days = 97%. >4hrs = 87". They can also print more detailed reports that show things like the number of apneas per night you average, % leaks, and other things that FAA doesn't require.

You'll need to either get that report yourself, or get it from your DME, or your doc. You'll need to see your doc anyway, once a year, so he can write a short status report that says he's examined you and that you are still compliant and showing no symptoms of excessive daytime sleepiness. If you need your doc to generate that CPAP report, that's when you'd do it. I don't know how many docs actually do that, though.

The OSA SI: getting it the first time can be a long process. Some AMEs will automatically defer to FAA and you'll wait months. Some AMEs take a more hands on approach and make phone calls to expedite matters. Renewing it is simple. You'll have to do it every year - your medical will expire after one year, but you only need the actual physical exam on your normal schedule. Renewing can be done 2 ways - 1) get the CPAP compliance report and status report from your doc, mail it to FAA and wait months, 2) get the same info, go to your AME, pay him a few bucks for his time, and walk out the door with a medical good for another year. I choose option #2.

I am going to go option 2 as well in year 2. I am going to try to push back my annual physical (currently in the September time frame) with getting this done in the December-January time frame. I think it has to be 30-60 days before it expires.

My hope is to get it all done in one doctor visit with my PCP. Get all the notes and everything that I need then send it off to my AME. I would like to find a local AME that will issue in office closer to home for my next full exam although visiting Dr. B is not that big of a deal particularly with how slow the FAA can be.

I am going to go option 2 as well in year 2. I am going to try to push back my annual physical (currently in the September time frame) with getting this done in the December-January time frame. I think it has to be 30-60 days before it expires.

My hope is to get it all done in one doctor visit with my PCP. Get all the notes and everything that I need then send it off to my AME. I would like to find a local AME that will issue in office closer to home for my next full exam although visiting Dr. B is not that big of a deal particularly with how slow the FAA can be.

Pretty much any AME can office issue the renewals - the system is built that way. The only catch is that FAA has to (is supposed to) issue the first time. That first time is where a helpful AME can save you a lot of waiting.

Aren't there also AMEs who can do SIs right in their office? ...
Thanks!

Dr Chen gave me my SI as part of my last physical right on the spot. I had faxed him the usage report generated by the machine.

That reminds me, while IMHO the S-9 is the best machine, it has really crap-tastic software. I'm pretty sure Resmde software is a direct port of something from Windows 95.

There is an open source product called Sleepyhead that is MUCH better!

Thanks. I definitely think there is a pattern between sleep apnea - obesity - and BMI. As bad as I hate to admit it, I think the FAA was headed down the right road, assuming sleep apnea results in a dangerous condition.

Not to get too personal, but if you have 8-9 months, could you spend the time losing 80-90 lbs and not have the issue at all?

(Not trying to get personal, but it seems like if we know we have 24 months to the next medical, why not address the "disease", instead of hoping to get treatments/tests/symptoms all lined up and hoping to retain a medical??)

Do people really make a conscious decision to wear a mask at night for the rest of their life instead of losing weight?

Not to get too personal, but if you have 8-9 months, could you spend the time losing 80-90 lbs and not have the issue at all?

(Not trying to get personal, but it seems like if we know we have 24 months to the next medical, why not address the "disease", instead of hoping to get treatments/tests/symptoms all lined up and hoping to retain a medical??)

Do people really make a conscious decision to wear a mask at night for the rest of their life instead of losing weight?

After the weight loss, you'll need another sleep study that shows no OSA. This is one thing you can make 'go away', but you have to have a clean diagnosis.

Not everyone falls into that demographic - I had it back when I was running, a lot, and had a very low BMI. Weight can be a factor, but not always.

Somebody posted earlier the FAA might have to issue the first one. If that's true, drat...I didn't realize that. I was hoping I could find an AME who could do some type of SI in office, even if it meant traveling to somebody.

No it is not true that the FAA has to issue the first one. I got mine in the office.

This was my experience on my first sleep study in 2008. Go back twice, no real explanation on what and how it was going to work, and no consult with the doc who read the study. Just another visit to GP (that I paid out of pocket) who didn't do that good of a job explaining what the results were beyond, ""Yes, you have obstructive sleep apnea", and not even offering to give me a copy of the report.

New sleep doc (Dr. John Debus in Plano for our DFW based airmen) that I saw in 2010 was the Dr. Bruce of Sleep Medicine Specialists. Met with me in person and spent 30-40 minutes doing the full pre-study exam himself. Then the study night was the "split study" (50% off the machine getting info on how bad you have OSA, 50% on the machine with the tech changing the pressures to figure out what works best). 3-4 days later, I was back in Dr. Debus' office with him spending 30-45 minutes explaining the results, including reviewing the print outs, and finally, writing the doctor's report letter HIMSELF that was needed for the SI.

Can't say enough good about Dr. Debus. He did it right.

First round, I was sent to one of the doctor's pet "Durable Medical Equipment" (DME) vendor. Being clueless about what was going on, I let them sell me a blower that I later discovered was a $550 retail machine, but the billings to me and insurance company totaled nearly twice that. And then the software to download the data for the FAA SI renewals was another $100.

Jim is right that you don't have to go to their DME to get your machine. There are many good vendors out there (I use www.cpap-supply.com, whose owner, btw, is also a pilot) and lots of selection on machines. A good online supplier can hook you up with a good machine with the features you want and you won't be overcharged. All you need is the prescription from the sleep doc to fax or email to them. As Jim says, about $600-ish will get you into a nice one.

But be wary of the "predators" who are feeding off your ignorance on how the DME system works. Don't let them push you into thinking that you are only permitted to purchase from them, and then at a big price that is just extra profit for them.

No. It's up to you to off load the data into something your doctor (usually your family GP) can read and then use that to write the required status letter. Search back through the past apnea posts for the 4 required items.

Matthew turned me on to getting the DeVillbiss Intellipap machine. Works great, and a major benefit is that they provide a FREE means (http://www.intellipap.com/) to get the required report to hand to my doctor. Easy Peezy Lemon Squeezy.

Aren't there also AMEs who can do SIs right in their office?

Yes. Dr. Bruce Chien is definitely one of them, but there are likely others. You will need to speak to the AME before your exam to see if he is willing to take the extra effort to first gather your info before the exam, send it in to the system, and then call the appropriate doc at OKC to get the authorization. There are not many AME's who do this. With Dr. Bruce Chien being one who will, it might be worth the pilgrimage to Peoria, IL to get this done.

Yes. Dr. Bruce Chien is definitely one of them, but there are likely others. You will need to speak to the AME before your exam to see if he is willing to take the extra effort to first gather your info before the exam, send it in to the system, and then call the appropriate doc at OKC to get the authorization. There are not many AME's who do this. With Dr. Bruce Chien being one who will, it might be worth the pilgrimage to Peoria, IL to get this done.

Thanks. I might elect to do that. One caveat is that I don't have a family doc, or general practitioner. I've always been pretty healthy, and anytime something comes up, I go see a specialist in that field. Just like with this potential OSA - I went right to a sleep doc.

It seems like some people rely on their primary doctor for checkups, physicals, etc, and I guess just rely on the AME for FAA related stuff required for the class three medical. But since I don't have a primary doctor, I'd prefer to rely on the AME to do everything, if possible.

I'd actually rather do "one stop shopping" and deal with one person who's a good doctor, and knows the FAA system, than visiting multiple doctors. That's why I'd be willing to travel to somebody good like Dr Chien. If he could do it all, check me out, run all the needed tests, look over the CPAP usage, etc, and have me my medical in one, or a few, visits, I'm willing to travel and pay for that.

Other than this OSA/CPAP stuff, I don't foresee anything else being a roadblock. I'd just like to get the SI issued in an AME's office rather than waiting for God knows how many weeks/months.

I get impatient when dealing with bureaucracy :)

I'd just like to get the SI issued in an AME's office rather than waiting for God knows how many weeks/months.

Worst case is probably 3-4 months, you could still be training or doing ground school. Best case - in office. Find a First Class AME, call and ask how long it would take him to to get that first OSA SI if you brought all the documentation with you.

Worst case is probably 3-4 months, you could still be training or doing ground school. Best case - in office. Find a First Class AME, call and ask how long it would take him to to get that first OSA SI if you brought all the documentation with you.
Actually, best to consider sending the documentation first, so they can make sure the airman is certifiable prior to making the trip. They may also be able to get it "pre-approved" by OKC.

Actually, best to consider sending the documentation first, so they can make sure the airman is certifiable prior to making the trip. They may also be able to get it "pre-approved" by OKC.

That's a good idea, too. But it all comes down to finding a willing AME, so call first and see how helpful he/she is willing to be. I hate to think that Doc Chien is the only one who can do stuff like this.

My first AME experience: I was a student, didn't know any better, and went to the AME that was closest. He wasn't a pilot, and I'm not even sure why he was an AME. I already had an OSA diagnosis, and pretty much figured it would be deferred to OKC. I did see him, with all my paperwork, and asked him if there was any way he could get it through the system faster than just dumping it off to OKC and waiting. To his credit, he did call the Regional Flight Surgeon for guidance - the only guidance the RFS gave him was to send it to OKC and let them worry about it. Later, I found out from Doc Chien that my RFS had a really bad reputation for being less than helpful. So sometimes you get stuck with that. During the time I was deferred, I did my ground school and passed the written - I scheduled my first lesson the day my medical came in the mail.

While this is a good idea, there is one right and many wrong ways to get the information "into the system". Do it one of the wrong ways, and the extremely busy doc at OKC won't find the info when the AME calls in.

I recall a specific way you need to tag each page. Something like Name (Last, First), DOB, Airman Cert#, etc...

As always Dr. Bruce will be a proper source of info to make submission to the OKC system work the first time.

While this is a good idea, there is one right and many wrong ways to get the information "into the system". Do it one of the wrong ways, and the extremely busy doc at OKC won't find the info when the AME calls in.

I recall a specific way you need to tag each page. Something like Name (Last, First), DOB, Airman Cert#, etc...

As always Dr. Bruce will be a proper source of info to make submission to the OKC system work the first time.

I think he was suggesting sending all the paperwork to the AME in advance, not OKC.

Update...

Results of the follow-up meeting with the doctor after the sleep study were definitely OSA. For the first half of the study (without CPAP), I was having over 90 apneas per hour (!!!).

Once fitted with CPAP and the tech started adjusting the pressure, I went to zero. I can't remember the exact pressure numbers, but I think my optimal results were from CPAP level 9 to 13, with around 10 or 11 being the level of no or few apneas. I guess 5 or less per hour is normal, but I remember on the printout they showed me, I was at zero for part of the study with CPAP.

I told them I had read good things about the RedMes S9, and that's the preferred machine they prescribe anyway, with the humidifier and heated hose.

Went to a local DME today for a mask fitting, and to pick everything up, so tonight will be my first night at home on CPAP.

I'm expecting to be all bright eyed and bushy tailed in the morning, full of excitement and ready to hit the day and go to work!!! Okay, maybe I'm being a little too optimistic, but I am expecting a good nights sleep. A bonus would be if CPAP made me like my job more :)

10cmH20 Pressure is a common setting... this is what my machine is set at.

Don't have too high of expectations at first since there is a settling in period of getting use to having the mask on your face. If you got a nasal mask or nasal pillows, there will be some "mouth leaks" until you figure out how to position the back of your tongue on the roof of your mouth and only breathe through your nose.

But the transition is short. You will see a noticeable difference in quality of sleep and energy level while awake pretty quickly.

I'm reading back through and chuckling at the seriously wimpy sounding reporting software. Sounds like either one could be easily manipulated to say whatever you wanted it to say. Surprised FAA accepts them.

I'm reading back through and chuckling at the seriously wimpy sounding reporting software. Sounds like either one could be easily manipulated to say whatever you wanted it to say. Surprised FAA accepts them.

I'm sure it can be faked, but what's the point? The Devilbiss cpap generates a series of alphanumeric codes that you enter into their website to get a pdf report. If you don't get all the characters and checksums right, it doesn't work. I don't know about the Resmed.

I'm sure it can be faked, but what's the point? The Devilbiss cpap generates a series of alphanumeric codes that you enter into their website to get a pdf report. If you don't get all the characters and checksums right, it doesn't work. I don't know about the Resmed.

And spits out a PDF that could then be manipulated in about 5 minutes. Can you enter the code anonymously?

I'm not saying there's any usefulness in faking one, but if there is, someone's doing it.

Doesn't sound like they bothered to use readily available non-repudiation techniques in the slightest.

Bad design, is all I'm saying.

And spits out a PDF that could then be manipulated in about 5 minutes. Can you enter the code anonymously?

I'm not saying there's any usefulness in faking one, but if there is, someone's doing it.

Doesn't sound like they bothered to use readily available non-repudiation techniques in the slightest.

Bad design, is all I'm saying.

I guess. But there's nothing to prevent someone from just creating their own report in MS Word, and writing their own doctor's status report, either.

I guess. But there's nothing to prevent someone from just creating their own report in MS Word, and writing their own doctor's status report, either.

Kinda makes the whole having to have a device that records stuff useless if you can just type up whatever you like in Word.

Dunno. I guess I imagined the recording devices used at least some sort of tech to prove the report actually came from a specific device, etc.

What do y'all who have different devices do? Hand in two reports stapled together? I've heard of folks using one machine at home and a different one when traveling to somewhere without power (camping) for example.

Kinda makes the whole having to have a device that records stuff useless if you can just type up whatever you like in Word.

Dunno. I guess I imagined the recording devices used at least some sort of tech to prove the report actually came from a specific device, etc.

What do y'all who have different devices do? Hand in two reports stapled together? I've heard of folks using one machine at home and a different one when traveling to somewhere without power (camping) for example.

It's ok to miss days. They just want to see the last 90 days showing > some number of days usage. I think it's 75% or 80%. I'll have to look that up.

It's ok to miss days. They just want to see the last 90 days showing > some number of days usage. I think it's 75% or 80%. I'll have to look that up.

I think it's >31 days, based on my recent email with an AME.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back