Had a CO Med marijuana card 1yr ago. Can I still get private license

If I had a family member with a disease as dire as that, I'd want them to try it both ways and choose which ever made them feel better.

God knows if I had something like cerebral palsy a little euphoria now and then would probably be welcomed.
Nice try but you missed it ... first, said family member is 10 years old. Not gonna choose for himself yet. Second, CP is not a disease - it's a brain injury.

Personally my give a F' factor on all of the above is pegged on zero, so long as people don't put others at risk by operating big fast machines or such while under the influence of ANYTHING, arnt hurting/threatening/stealing etc from others, as long as that's not the case, it's none of my, or your business what others do in their lives, America needs to learn not to meddle in others lives.

You can take American out of the puritanical era, but you can't take the "witch" burning puritans out of some Americans.

^^^^NAILS IT!^^^^

I laugh (or should I say, I cry) that we'll send our boys halfway around the globe to overthrow a theocracy that we don't agree with (all in the false name of democracy of course), and yet, a significant percentage of Americans who are puritans would love nothing more than if this country would become a theocracy itself. But only if it was one of the making of their own belief system, of course.

And I spread the label "puritan" liberally upon many belief systems, not just the literal "puritans". There are puritans on both sides of the aisle with all sorts of beliefs and they'd just love to impose them on you and everyone else.

I too have wondered about this. I live in California and have a medical card. I earned my private license in 1979 but no longer fly. I would dearly get back into flying now that I'm older with more time and money on my hands. My biggest concern is that a few months ago I had a concussion. The neurologist put on my record that I have a slight chance of having a seizure as a result. It has been 6 months and nothing like that has happened. I have doubts that I could get a medical with that on my record.

Well what "conditions" are treatable by weed? I thought cancer and things like that but I don't really follow the conversation that much.

I thought I saw somewhere that it lowers eye pressure in glaucoma. I know people use it for pain and I know of one partially paralyzed young man who suffers muscle spasms and his grandparents get him weed to smoke which relieves the spasms.

I know a few people who use it in cream form on their back for pain. I wouldn't think this would show up in a drug test, but who knows. They aren't pilots or subject to drug testing anyway.

Everyone likes to slam the CO Pot laws, myself included. With friends in LEO, they've shared the overall increase in crime directly related to legalization of pot in CO. Additionally, a large influx of pot tourists or relocations to follow the pot (maybe a remake of "Grapes of Wrath" is in order ... "Leaves of Whatever, Dude") has put a large burden on social services of all kinds here.

So, with that said, I have seen very positive results from some of the medical marijuana products (all have the THC removed, none are smoked) with my grandson, in alleviating a number of chronic ailments and physical pains he lives with constantly, due to his Cerebral Palsy. So, in my opinion, medical marijuana has it's benefits in some cases, but in general, proved, in my opinion, to be the camel's nose under the tent.

I'm embarrassed by what has happened in CO with this.

My wife and I were tired of it, also, and it was a LARGE part of why we left. We were planning on leaving in 2020, but 2016 was it. Too many people on all the roads, all the time. Too many people everywhere. Now we live in a town of fewer than 600 people and it is heaven. That said, I'm fine with medical weed, and even legal weed. Never used it, never will, but I'm all for choices and less regs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back