H. Which receipt is yours?

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I bet this happens to everyone, you finish filling up and there are two receipts in the little compartment with the slidey plastic cover! Soo annoying. Which is the right one, which is yours? And which has been left behind by the previous pilot? Such a nuisance. Sometimes it can be very difficult to work through the identity of the little piece of paper they spit out. Just like tonight. Maybe someone has found an easy way?

Attachments

• fuel.jpg
    fuel.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 173
At first I thought, crap if my total was that big I am making sure I retrieve it so I can keep track of such money.
Then I thought, that is probably pocket change to such a person, they don't give a flip about the receipt!

my receipts always have a time stamp,,, so the newest one would be mine..

besides do you really not know if you just pumped 1600 gals,,, or was it closer to 40 gals?

Wow, that one Fuel bill is close to a years worth of mx/hangar/misc. expenses for the arrow!

At first I thought, crap if my total was that big I am making sure I retrieve it so I can keep track of such money.
Then I thought, that is probably pocket change to such a person, they don't give a flip about the receipt!
I can assure you that someone spending that kind of money cares about every penny that leaves their account.

Keep the jet a receipt for when you are at the bar, you can accidentally drop it by your glass so the barkeep can see you are a big spender 777 captain. Then you can pay your tab with your ppl.

Yep, this is one reason why I don't mind putting in my tail number when fueling. And quite often it's not just one other receipt, but anywhere from 2 to 5, as many as will fit inside the compartment. Don't know why so many pilots don't take theirs, I like to log how much fuel I've pumped.

This is one of my pet peeves, poorly bred and raised people, they leave the flap on the machine open for it to soak in rain (I've seen those things break because of chronic exposure), not put the ladder back where they found it, not reset the gal counter, not take their receipt, not out the hose back the way they found it, etc

Leave chit like you found it, it's amazing how sloth like some folks can be, especially in aviation where being lazy often can have rather dramatic results.

As for putting my n number in, no thank you, it's not material to the transaction and frankly no ones business, Just put in N0, it's not assigned

This is one of my pet peeves, poorly bred and raised people, they leave the flap on the machine open for it to soak in rain (I've seen those things break because of chronic exposure), not put the ladder back where they found it, not reset the gal counter, not take their receipt, not out the hose back the way they found it, etc

Leave chit like you found it, it's amazing how sloth like some folks can be, especially in aviation where being lazy often can have rather dramatic results.

As for putting my n number in, no thank you, it's not material to the transaction and frankly no ones business, Just put in N0, it's not assigned
You must think that faceplacebooktwilsnapper is gonna post all by itself! People aint got no time for that picking up their mess crap, they gots to get to faceplacebooktwisnapper to see what Bill and Jenny had for lunch yesterday and check out the selfie picture of Bill and Jenny at the best buy next to the fridge they want to buy!

To each their own. But here's another reason I don't mind putting in my tail number: last summer the meter on the transaction station at Bethel, ME was reading about 10% higher than the one on the fuel pump. Naturally, you are charged based on the station meter, not the pump. I complained to the town and received a refund check in the mail for the difference. Do you think they would have done that if they couldn't check to be sure my tail number had actually been in their system for the date and time in my complaint?

(I think they sent the check to the address of the registered owner too, since I don't think I gave them that info over the phone, though I could be misremembering that part.)

I have but one pet peeve when it comes to SS fuel.

The inconsiderate azzhole who parks his/her plane right in front of the pump and then disappears into the FBO for 15 minutes.

It's especially frustrating if I'm trying to do a quick turn on a long XC.

I've been known to be less than pleasant with these folks when they finally get back to their plane after drinking two cups of coffee with their buddies in the FBO...if I even wait that long and didn't go in to flush out the tortfeasor.

To each their own. But here's another reason I don't mind putting in my tail number: last summer the meter on the transaction station at Bethel, ME was reading about 10% higher than the one on the fuel pump. Naturally, you are charged based on the station meter, not the pump. I complained to the town and received a refund check in the mail for the difference. Do you think they would have done that if they couldn't check to be sure my tail number had actually been in their system for the date and time in my complaint?

(I think they sent the check to the address of the registered owner too, since I don't think I gave them that info over the phone, though I could be misremembering that part.)

If you paid with a card, you have all the papertrail you need.

Turbo, turbine. What's the difference? :D
You can ask a friend of mine with his Navajo!! :eek: Lost both engines at about 1000 feet AGL, luckily he had his MEI in the right seat!! ;)
I know you were joking! :D

Man, i hope that lineguy who fueled the plane ran for the hills..

Man, i hope that lineguy who fueled the plane ran for the hills..
They landed back on the runway, two fresh overhauls later they flew out and picked it up! I'd say that lineguy wasn't there the day they came to get it! :eek::rolleyes:

Back