GWU Professor Honored, then Ejected from Game

Refs like that are the reason the NCAA decreed a technical foul if the band plays "Three Blind Mice". And the PAC-10 is full of them. And not just in basketball.

Refs like that are the reason the NCAA decreed a technical foul if the band plays "Three Blind Mice". And the PAC-10 is full of them. And not just in basketball.

does the band get the technical? do they all get kicked out? thats kind of funny I think.

does the band get the technical? do they all get kicked out? thats kind of funny I think.

IIRC, it would be a 'bench' technical applied to the home team (I assume the home team usually is the only one with a band there). I almost want to say that a 'bench' technical can be applied to a player that they choose - or maybe it goes directly to the coach.. can't remember.

Either way, it stinks.. I remember playing in a game once where the refs told our coach that someone was throwing ice at them from the stands. The coach stopped the game (we packed the gym out for our games back then), walked down to the student section and immediately singled out the 2 jerks that were doing it. Those two guys could have fit in the cups they were taking the ice from after Coach was done with them.

Of course, this was the same coach that at one game was getting on the ref's so bad that they told him "One more word, and you're outta here." He turned around and picked up his dry-erase board and a marker and wrote "S T I N K" in big letters and held it up. Zing!

I tend to agree with the article comment that suggests that the official should be allowed to visit the classroom and heckle the good professor over his teaching skills.

IIRC, it would be a 'bench' technical applied to the home team (I assume the home team usually is the only one with a band there). I almost want to say that a 'bench' technical can be applied to a player that they choose - or maybe it goes directly to the coach.. can't remember.

Assuming playing 3 blind mice is actually a technical (I hadn't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me), it would probably be exactly the same as a band that doesn't stop playing when the ball is put back into play...shots, but no possession change.

The question is whether or not the song is actually prohibited by any official rule books. I haven't seen that in the NCAA rule book and I have read the whole boring thing cover to cover a few years ago.

Back