Gullstream down in Dominican Republic

Peter Anderson

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
SVTPete83
December 15th, 2021, crash of a Gulfstream G-IVSP jet, registration HI1050, that occurred at Santo Domingo-Las Américas International Airport (SDQ / MDSD), Dominican Republic.
The three crew and six passengers were fatally injured.

Preliminary report indicates the aircraft ran into unspecified trouble shortly after takeoff from Higuero/La Isabela-Dr. Joaquín Balaguer Airport (JBQ/MDJB), Dominican Republic, the pilot declared an emergency and attempted an emergency landing at Santo Domingo, where the aircraft crashed. A post crash fire ensued.

The aircraft was headed to Orlando International Airport (MCO/KMCO), Florida, USA.

- Flightradar24:
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/hi1050#2a337fa6

This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when more information arrives.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/florida-bound-private-aircraft-crashes-dominican-republic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He was only a mile short of the runway at La Isabela International Airport. :(

Not very often you hear of a gulfstream crashing. There was video of it. Looked almost like it was having a flight control issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not very often you hear of a gulfstream crashing. There was video of it. Looked almost like it was having a flight control issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That was my first thought also. Didn't seem that speed was an issue, they kept that relatively stable, so assuming engines were generating enough thrust. They climbed to 1750 then back down to 800 a number of times. Does someone know how to get ATC communication?

There is a photo floating around that appears to show the right spoiler fully extended with the right aileron fully deflected downward.

I read in a Facebook group that the flight was delayed 3 hours for a hydraulic issue and at some point after takeoff the crew reported a total hydraulic failure.

also said that it was the flight attendant’s very first flight of her career. Sad all around.

Back