Gulfstream Girl

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably why the cover photo on her FB page has her in the right seat "looking" like she is flying.

Well I have no doubt she earned her ratings. I believe she was honest in her hours as well. All I'm saying is 250 hrs enough to be flying a jet? Is the right seat really just a "dummy" seat in a corporate jet? Could a 250 hr pilot operate that aircraft if the Captain became incapacitated in flight?

As far as looks, I think we all know there are some that get hired based on looks. All I'm saying is I could care less on looks, connections or whatever. I'd take some scruffy guy right out of "Ice Pilots" over any hot blonde if he had the most experience. I also understand though that appearance can reflect a positive image on a commercial operation.

Well I have no doubt she earned her ratings. I believe she was honest in her hours as well. All I'm saying is 250 hrs enough to be flying a jet? Is the right seat really just a "dummy" seat in a corporate jet? Could a 250 hr pilot operate that aircraft if the Captain became incapacitated in flight?

As far as looks, I think we all know there are some that get hired based on looks. All I'm saying is I could care less on looks, connections or whatever. I'd take some scruffy guy right out of "Ice Pilots" over any hot blonde if he had the most experience. I also understand though that appearance can reflect a positive image on a commercial operation.

No the right seat is not a dummy seat. But companies treat it as such and people dumb are enough to accept that thinking nothing is wrong. It's not about having 250 hours. It's about how much actual she has, how many times she's landed on an icy runway, or making judgement calls about flying through weather. When you are in any jet, it's no longer the mindset of "oh well there are a few clouds today I think I will sit this one out." She doesn't have the experience to be a valuable asset yet. She will get it, but not yet. If the captain died on the spot, depending on a lot of factors, would be their demise.

because she has about 1/4 of the time required for flight safety to change from an uncontrollable laughter to a noticeable giggle when inquiring about a G-IV type rating.

Here you go (912) 644-1000 they can get you everything from a G-I to a G-650 type rating. Call em' up and tell them you're a 250 hour PPL/IR rated pilot and want a G-IV type rating and let me know what they say. Unless you soloed in a King Air, they're probably going to laugh you off the phone and if you did solo in a King Air, they're going to tell you to come back in a few hundred hours.

Why would they care how much time she had? They're in the business of selling training. If someone has the money, why would they care how much (or little) experience a prospective customer has?? Maybe she's willing to buy 100 hrs. in their sims?

But clearly none of this discussion matters, since the FAA records show she's got the rating. A blonde type-rated in a Gulfstream! Who knew?! :dunno: [/Sarcasm Off]

Here you go (912) 644-1000 they can get you everything from a G-I to a G-650 type rating. Call em' up and tell them you're a 250 hour PPL/IR rated pilot and want a G-IV type rating and let me know what they say. Unless you soloed in a King Air, they're probably going to laugh you off the phone and if you did solo in a King Air, they're going to tell you to come back in a few hundred hours.

They would probably give me a price and state that they can't guarantee issuance of the rating. These places are not in the business of turning away revenue.

Wouldn't that be implied by virtue of passing the checkride for the type-rating? Or do you think the examiner was so overcome by her good looks he just drooled and signed her ticket?? :rolleyes:

In the YouTube video it looks like she did a pretty credible job of putting it on the runway smoothly.

No the right seat is not a dummy seat. But companies treat it as such and people dumb are enough to accept that thinking nothing is wrong. It's not about having 250 hours. It's about how much actual she has, how many times she's landed on an icy runway, or making judgement calls about flying through weather. When you are in any jet, it's no longer the mindset of "oh well there are a few clouds today I think I will sit this one out." She doesn't have the experience to be a valuable asset yet. She will get it, but not yet. If the captain died on the spot, depending on a lot of factors, would be their demise.

What about the super low hour 172 pilot that landed the King Air when the pilot died?

Or what military pilots are doing with 250 hours?

I'm not trying to just be argumentative, but with the type training I would think there is some value there other than pulling up the gear handle and fetching coffee.

Go to flight safety with at least $60,000 in your hand, you're good to go. If you only have a little bit of piston twin time and 0 turbine... expect it to be WAY more if they'll even entertain the idea (unlikely) . The people I talked to there said they didn't recall a student with no turbine time coming in and expected "at least some"

So, in reference to the scenario I provided, I'd have to attend a Flight Safety like training to become PIC :dunno:

So, in reference to the scenario I provided, I'd have to attend a Flight Safety like training to become PIC :dunno:

Doesn't have to be Flight safety. Somewhere it mentioned that GG went to Simuflite. Any of the training centers that are able to do ATP type certificate rides will do.

If the aircraft is insured, you will need a lot more than just the type rating.

When I went to Lear 35 initial at FlightSafety there were a couple guys in my class that were very low time. One had just gotten his commercial multi and had just over 250 hours. Granted, these guys were going to work as SICs for a company towing targets for the military to shoot at, but they were getting an opportunity in a jet with low time.

Years later I went to Lear recurrent and was assigned an intern to be my sim partner. She was just out of an aviation college and didn't really have a lot of experience but she knew her job there in the right seat. She was fine, in fact she was better than some other people I have had as sim partners. I would have flown in a real airplane with her.

Guys, there's an awful lot of jealousy here. Just because she's a model doesn't mean she's not a competent pilot, or that she's "working" for someone doing something else. No wonder we have no women in aviation, when anyone who works hard and catches a break is immediately labeled a whore. :nono:

For what it's worth, I stumbled across her facebook page when one of my friends made a comment there and it showed up on my feed, and there's some really interesting discussions there that I learned from. In fact, there was an interesting regulations question she asked there that most commenters were incorrect about... Bunch of self-assured guys trying to teach the little girl something, and she schooled 'em.

Take a deep breath. You didn't get the break, the cute girl did. Our own Lance Flynn caught a similar break, and nobody called him a whore or said that he only got it because of his looks...

lance, I'll say it. you're a good-looking manwhore.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Well, that's a little over $600,000 worth of sim time. I've spoken with them, it would be abnormal for what she claims happened to happen. I'm sure if you had $600,000 to spend with them, they'd tailor something for you but they'd be up front about it and make sure you were very aware of what was going on. They're also a first class operation and there is a base line for beginning G-IV training, you don't walk in to a flight school and say "I'm going straight for the ATP" and flash some money at them. You can't just buy your way into Harvard after completing the 2nd grade... well maybe you can but it's going to cost, you're going to have to have connections and exceptions are going to have to be made.

Oh, I don't know....Obama made it into Harvard, purportedly. (Oops...SZ...nevermind!)

However long it took her, she's got the type rating. Good for her.

Not likely. It's not like their multi-million dollar simulators are sitting empty with CFI's sitting around surfing facebook all day waiting for a customer to walk in. You gotta get a slot.

The corporate jet industry has taken quite a bath over the last 4 years, I doubt that the training organizations are beating away customers with a stick.

As others have said, she may be lying

From the article "As a CFI, Nadia also loves taking people on introductory flights in Cessna 172s, just as she did not so long ago"

I see no mention of CFI on her ratings. Or did you not mention it.

I bet at least she knows that CFI is a certificate, and not a rating. :rolleyes:

Date of Issue: 11/30/2012
Certificate: FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
Ratings:
FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
AIRPLANE SINGLE AND MULTIENGINE
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Limits:
VALID ONLY WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY PILOT CERTIFICATE NO. . EXPIRES: 30 NOV 2014.

She has a ground instructor certificate as well, with Advanced and Instrument ratings.

I bet at least she knows that CFI is a certificate, and not a rating. :rolleyes:

Date of Issue: 11/30/2012
Certificate: FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
Ratings:
FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
AIRPLANE SINGLE AND MULTIENGINE
INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Limits:
VALID ONLY WHEN ACCOMPANIED BY PILOT CERTIFICATE NO. . EXPIRES: 30 NOV 2014.

She has a ground instructor certificate as well, with Advanced and Instrument ratings.

Dadgumit, she just might be a real pilot after all! :yikes: :D

All I'm saying is 250 hrs enough to be flying a jet?

The FAA thinks so.

Is the right seat really just a "dummy" seat in a corporate jet?

No. Well, maybe in some of the new, smaller single-pilot jets... I was surprised at how much stuff I had to do as FO in the Hawker. I was more surprised at the attitude of pilots and non-pilots alike that the FO is a worthless benchwarmer.

Could a 250 hr pilot operate that aircraft if the Captain became incapacitated in flight?

A 250-hour trained, type-rated pilot? Yes.

I think I could have gotten the Hawker down without the training and rating - I'd have certainly made use of as much assistance as I could possibly get, but at the end of the day, it's an airplane. Fly the airplane.

But a typed pilot? Yes, I'm sure she could get it down just fine.

She only got the job because she's hot. Something tells me it wasn't her fascinating personality and it certainly wasn't because she was the most qualified for the job.

How dare you insult my future wife like that. For the record, she's a great pilot and her personality is quite fascinating.

:D

Find me one other 200 hour ATP wonder kid who got a similar deal

Didn't the gentleman from Wisconsin already say he got a similar deal? Right place, right time...

But maybe he looks hot in a pony tail, too. :dunno: :hairraise:

Wouldn't that be implied by virtue of passing the checkride for the type-rating? Or do you think the examiner was so overcome by her good looks he just drooled and signed her ticket?? :rolleyes:

In the YouTube video it looks like she did a pretty credible job of putting it on the runway smoothly.

Nope as I said she earned her ratings but that's my third question. Is passing a G-II type rating at 250 hrs really enough experience to operate safely as SIC? I think the Colgan crash indicates that maybe more experience is better than just having a rating. If you think 250 if fine, awesome.

In the military, yes they are in the right seat as well with this kind of time. The difference is by the time they get there as a qualified crew member, they've gone through extensive ground and air training in that particular aircraft.

Nope as I said she earned her ratings but that's my third question. Is passing a G-II type rating at 250 hrs really enough experience to operate safely as SIC? I think the Colgan crash indicates that maybe more experience is better than just having a rating. If you think 250 if fine, awesome.

In the military, yes they are in the right seat as well with this kind of time. The difference is by the time they get there as a qualified crew member, they've gone through extensive ground and air training in that particular aircraft.

The gentleman she's flying with looked like he had some time under his belt. If she's got the basic skills and meets the standards, the rest she's going to learn pretty quickly rocketing around the country in the G-whatever. I doubt another 1,000 salvaging bad landings in C172 would have added a great deal more relevant experience to her skillset. A seasoned captain can provide some pretty invaluable on-the-job training.

I almost had 250 hours when I got my PPL. I didn't even know what I don't know (and I'm still finding more stuff that I don't know all the time!)

Which is why you're not in her seat! :goofy:

Just an FYI - I passed my private pilot checkride on the first day I was eligible - my 17th birthday. Instrument 2 months after that, Commercial on my 18th birthday, AMEL 1 month after that. I got my tailwheel, complex, and HP endorsements while I was still a student pilot.

I also pretty much can guarantee I had more xc time when I took my PP checkride than she did when she got hired flying gulfstreams.

What about the super low hour 172 pilot that landed the King Air when the pilot died?

Or what military pilots are doing with 250 hours?

I'm not trying to just be argumentative, but with the type training I would think there is some value there other than pulling up the gear handle and fetching coffee.

Before any military pilot steps into an aircraft, they go through hundreds upon hundreds of hours of classroom time and multitude of simulator sessions.

The 172 pilot who landed the KA was I believe, part owner, an had some ME experience. You are also talking about a 230kt part 23 aircraft. Not an extremely complex, part 25 aircraft. The complexity, and speed at which things happen do do not even compare to each other. Granted she is typed in the Gulfstream, she has to know enough to do that. The checkride is not that hard, and the checkride, and training associated with those programs do little to nothing in the way of teaching a pilot on any real world experience. Most of the sim instructors have never flown a real life Gulfstream.

There is an element missing here. I do not think she had 250TT, there is nobody on the planet that would insure her, especially not as PIC. They wouldn't insure her to wash the airplane with 250TT. Now I don't know what operation she flies for, but she can't fly as PIC for part 135 thats for sure. No insurance company would insure her for part 91 ops either. At best she will be acting as SIC for the next 7 years while she builds time.

Didn't the gentleman from Wisconsin already say he got a similar deal? Right place, right time...

But maybe he looks hot in a pony tail, too. :dunno: :hairraise:

Kent had way more than 200 hours at the time. Way.

The corporate jet industry has taken quite a bath over the last 4 years, I doubt that the training organizations are beating away customers with a stick.

Depends on the airframe. There are only two lear 55 sims in the country. There is a HUGE waiting list for them. CAE Dallas is always full to the brim. You can't just get a walk in for just about every sim they have. Ok maybe their Lear 25 and G2 sim lol.

The right seater in the Colgan crash had spent 2600 hrs giving primary and instrument instruction in sunny arizona. Yup, that was relevant and equipped her with the skills to save the day when her pilot froze up.

Depends on the airframe. There are only two lear 55 sims in the country. There is a HUGE waiting list for them. CAE Dallas is always full to the brim. You can't just get a walk in for just about every sim they have. Ok maybe their Lear 25 and G2 sim lol.

The other possibility is that the guy who took her along into his new job already had the slot reserved for whoever he was going to hire.

G-1159 is the G2, from the reporting, that was her initial type.

Last edited:
Just an FYI - I passed my private pilot checkride on the first day I was eligible - my 17th birthday. Instrument 2 months after that, Commercial on my 18th birthday, AMEL 1 month after that. I got my tailwheel, complex, and HP endorsements while I was still a student pilot.

I actually knew all that from previous posts. I had hoped the goofy emoticon conveyed the good-natured ribbing intended.

Find me one other 200 hour ATP wonder kid who got a similar deal
You've got one who posts on here. At age 19 and sub-200 hours in a logbook I gave him a B200 type rating and put him to work flying it single pilot. He had some additional time flying pipeline inspection in a POS O-2 in a sandlot somewhere but that wasn't documented. He did great for me in the king air.

About the same time I gave the same deal to a 20 year old canadian girl and a 20-something russian boy. They started in C-421's because that's the job I needed done. They also did fine.

After a few months on the job I sent all 3 to georgia to take sim training in the AN24 and they all passed. 18 months later I moved the boys again, Jeff to FO and Viktor to FE in a TU-114. Google that and imagine what it took to keep one running in the 90's when they were 30 years old. The boys again did fine. The girl fell out of my favour around that time - she developed an interest in helicopters. I cut her loose before that disease spread to the rest of the herd.

So yes, it does happen. But then the job was not exactly the same. For one thing, I doubt the blondie in the gulfstream was issued a Saiga-12 as part of her flight kit.

At best she will be acting as SIC for the next 7 years while she builds time.

Isn't that the seat she's occupying in the video? I don't think anyone has argued she's going to be taking the left seat anytime soon.

She got the job because she is a pretty enough girl. She can do the job because flying is easy.

Really, how is another thousand or two hours in the right seat of a Cessna gonna do her, or anyone, any good at all? Total hours is a pretty meaningless measure, IMO. As has been said many times before, do you have 1000 hours, or do you have the same hour 1000 times? I think MOST people just getting into jets have a fairly equivalent amount of real-world experience as Gulfstream Girl did.

There are others, like David, who have a lot more real-world experience - Long solo cross country flight. I'd hire David in a heartbeat over someone who had five times the total time but got it all circling the patch. Well, that is, if I ever hired a pilot. :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back