Florida Cracker
What a great spokesman for GA.

95 and still flying. I like his SPUNK!

PILOT.jpg

YouTube of Cameron Flying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tcyWVSOm-s

Article"
http://www.sacbee.com/news/local/article18534707.html

Man doesn't look a day over 80, hope someday to match his accomplishments.

My friend and person I bought my plane from is in his 90's. He gave up his medical at 92 because he had a hard time finding a doc willing to do medical with associated liability.
He still drives every day.

My friend and person I bought my plane from is in his 90's. He gave up his medical at 92 because he had a hard time finding a doc willing to do medical with associated liability.
He still drives every day.

Tell him about Light Sport! I know a man in his 80s who sold his 182 to his son and bought a Tecnam. Put his name on the left door and his wife's name on the right door. Still flies regularly, should hit 90 soon. If only I can live long enough to fly at all at that age!!

Cameron is not a very common name. Didn't a Cameron used to post here? I wonder if they are the same person. I hope not. I want to respect this guy.

I recognize the plane he flew. The FBO that rents it has a couple DA20's, and also at one time had a DA40, which I have a few hours in.

What a great spokesman for GA.

95 and still flying. I like his SPUNK!

Congratulations to Mr. Weber! Just like we like to see the younger set getting into GA, it's great to see more experienced pilots finding ways to stay with it.

A couple of months ago I was present when four pilots in Red Oak Iowa were awarded the Wright Brothers Master Pilot Award on the same night! One of them, Ernie Smith, is 97 and has still holds a regular 3rd class medical certificate (never a special issuance, as far as I know) and still flies 2-3 times a week in a C150. And I know that at least two of the others are also still very active (albeit not quite as old as Ernie).

Talk about outstanding role models!

Last edited:
His name is Peter Weber and he is from Cameron Park, CA. The video shows him flying at kpvf. fun fact, this is the same airport that the guy who tied the kayaks to the top of his 210 is based at.

Someone had to die for him to get that title.

Back