Guam (Cross posted to Purple)

Fly the 414 to Denver and we could go tomorrow at noon for $1278. It would take 21 hours from here.

The advantage of living in a hub...

The MCI-LAX-Narita-Guam does make it harder.

414's not flying anywhere for a while, though. Needs props.

Good luck you crazy kids! First, you no show Oshkosh and now this. I just don't know about you two but we love y'all.

Holy crap, I ain't seen you 'round these parts in a coons age!

I was once told by a Guamanian that the only thing a kids needs as a wardrobe was 7 pairs of shorts and Zories stuffs.

Just for grins, I checked the price of tickets to Guam from KC. Close to $1700 per person, and it doesn't seem like it's possible to get there in under 40 hours.

Maybe we could all charter a Gulfstream?
Or get Mari to fly us in the twin cessna

Who needs props? :biggrin:

Well, true, I could always go for the CJ610 STC on the 414... :D

Or get Mari to fly us in the twin cessna

If I remember from when Mari flew her Twin Cessna to Japan a few years ago, they had to stop in Alaska and Russia. Looking at the route from Denver to Guam, it looks like you could do KAPA, KLAX (or something similar), PHNL, PWAK, PGUM. PWAK is a dual use airport and looks like it requires prior permission. That'd make your longest over-water section 2221 nm (KLAX -> PHNL), which I think her Twin Cessna can do with full fuel, but I'm not certain.

If you don't stop at PWAK, the longest leg becomes north of 3,000 nm. Gulfstream territory.

So @Everskyward, can we take your Twin Cessna to Guam to visit Greg and Sharon? :)

Well, true, I could always go for the CJ610 STC on the 414... :D

If I remember from when Mari flew her Twin Cessna to Japan a few years ago, they had to stop in Alaska and Russia. Looking at the route from Denver to Guam, it looks like you could do KAPA, KLAX (or something similar), PHNL, PWAK, PGUM. PWAK is a dual use airport and looks like it requires prior permission. That'd make your longest over-water section 2221 nm (KLAX -> PHNL), which I think her Twin Cessna can do with full fuel, but I'm not certain.

If you don't stop at PWAK, the longest leg becomes north of 3,000 nm. Gulfstream territory.

So @Everskyward, can we take your Twin Cessna to Guam to visit Greg and Sharon? :)
The twin Cessna is not a long distance airplane. It is the happiest with 2-4 hour legs, and so am I. But it can do KLAX to PHNL as long as there is not a strong headwind. It can definitely fly a 2221 mm leg but you also need to think about the wet footprint due to loss of an engine or pressurization. Pax O2 masks are only good to 25,000' and it burns a lot more fuel down there.

The trip to Japan was a fun adventure but not efficient from either a time or money standpoint. The pax would have been better off buying first class tickets...

Have fun. That's a part of the world I haven't explored (Guam, that is). It will give you a great jumping off place for WESTPAC, however.

We'll visit, right?

Get at least one (1) extra bedroom.

Wayne still got the keys to the G-V? Probably be better than Mari's Twin Cessna for the job.

Back