GTX 345 panel

blueskyMD

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Bigfoot297
Just installed GTX 345 . Its working fine except I can not see panel-faceplate at night. When I have to change x ponder code at I can not see the numbers. I fly a lot at night and when they give me a new code I have to scramble to find a flash light. The question is why the numbers are not lighted? Should I call the installer?

Just installed GTX 345 . Its working fine except I can not see panel-faceplate at night. When I have to change x ponder code at I can not see the numbers. I fly a lot at night and when they give me a new code I have to scramble to find a flash light. The question is why the numbers are not lighted? Should I call the installer?
Search for "backlight" here. You should be able to configure it.

We had to check the same setting when we got it installed, if you have a 650/750 you can also control the 345 from that which is really nice.

Can the 345 bluetooth also feed the traffic and weather to Foreflight?

So no Flightstream 210 is neeeded? Can I assume "allowed" means the GTX 345 provides the the bluetooth to foreflight. I ask because there are sooo many options.

So no Flightstream 210 is neeeded? Can I assume "allowed" means the GTX 345 provides the the bluetooth to foreflight. I ask because there are sooo many options.

Flightstream 210 is needed if you plan to transfer your flight plans between ForeFlight and your Garmin GPS

GTX 345 includes flightstream 110 which only transfers traffic, weather, and a couple of other small things to your ForeFlight

Thanks. Will the GTX 345 send the traffic and weather to a GTN-650 while sending AHRS, Traffic and Weather to Foreflight? I was thinking of adding a GTN-650 and GTX-345(non-WAAS). Hoping that AHRS on foreflight could be a backup AI in this configuration. Is a GTX-345 (WAAS) neededed or can a GTX-345 (non-WAAS) get GPS info from GTN-650 interface and then bluetooth to Foreflight with Flightstream 110?

Thanks. Will the GTX 345 send the traffic and weather to a GTN-650 while sending AHRS, Traffic and Weather to Foreflight?

Yes

Is a GTX-345 (WAAS) neededed or can a GTX-345 (non-WAAS) get GPS info from GTN-650 interface and then bluetooth to Foreflight with Flightstream 110?

Its pulling the WAAS from the 650. So you dont need the WASS GTX345. No you dont need a FS110. If you want flight plan transfers between the iPad and the GTN650, you need the 210. Otherwise, there is no reason to do a FS210. If you are an IFR pilot and use it, having the 210 makes amendments stupid easy. Otherwise, I dont think you need it.

Back