GTX 345 bluetooth not connecting?

RussR

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Russ
This is in multiple airplanes, so I assume it's not them, but me.

On my iPad, I have numerous bluetooth devices stored, see pic (pic included because I don't know if the number of devices is relevant or not).

On one airplane I fly, the GTX 345 will not auto-connect, I have to tap the right device to get it to do so, every time. (Which I've memorized is the second 345 on the list).

But on an airplane I flew last night, I could not get the GTX 345 to connect at all. I am not sure if I have connected to this one before (it's a client's airplane), but I imagine I have, a few months ago when we last flew. Since it didn't auto-connect, and I don't know which entry for the GTX345 it is on the list, I literally tried manually tapping on each one - none of them was the right one.

So I went to the GTX345 "Bluetooth" page to put it in discoverable mode, but no new ones showed up on the iPad as available.

I think I had this second problem in another airplane recently as well.

Any ideas? Is there maybe a limit to how many devices iOS can store at one time? Or is the problem actually with the 345 units and some kind of limit there?

xrrdWscFoUvpXGlHmrHT26xjenDONEYszUC_8cFjWfgEwa-LvuTqHjWceWnbe86RZPLyuoB9Wg7ZqAx2p6_-WRMPNNjTqA57_m-R1PqYyrVEMoFU3nCfAcTLPriWMmZqcUu-yhSVf85fiQNRaLbbUYCerUT3IJ81YFiQKZxWCn2wbDksEAcwg6LE6rXWAlOWb67DkgdAmMal0NEXI5oiLEwY10xTNCwYkVGRghdf5EDLuqbWEDch_O-h0sKBlWn2yIN1kWfQNwcXWRre5l3_izaxW5Dhr8tzXIR7Bx4Iv8-OkimKswCp82TAuyko2-Hfxz2S2EtRrUVpInoXGMqRBsyMzinu9nh70fpiK2cea_1lzS9LF1QnkNe-B9uut5HF0u6hR4xexHRW4ldaliAymaH3-GDygxXqhtYiHPaIb9TLDiO-NOcTWBgVXRwV56VqY8NBvwKBijP9zGcLv_uXHz94ScNwJY07G_lMamvIhXy9hRGYLbRYgsiLXTTZmVyRHGjZoT8SuJCJWFEFsQZ2ApuvXufYZbblsiCf-64uyFwa92HqVV9L4iXQAsiOSyADXAOZ9yTSotH9H7lC0lcZ0x8AoqNkzgItGuwzvzBIsWqZgIunNFgjxSnU7n-6W3Cg23KTOQpm4JCl4MhIWDstb7-qFqFnUJMDMli_1v6pIhzBzM8dIyfFeqlP=w410-h937-no

Not sure about iOS but the 345 also has a device limit and you may have to delete something there also.

I only have one bluetooth device (my GTX345) paired with my Ipad and I have to manually connect it each time too. I don't remember doing that when I first got the GTX. It autoconnected for a while, then it stopped and I have to manually do it. I just assumed this was another "feature" included in some upgrade or other.

This is in multiple airplanes, so I assume it's not them, but me.

On my iPad, I have numerous bluetooth devices stored, see pic (pic included because I don't know if the number of devices is relevant or not).

On one airplane I fly, the GTX 345 will not auto-connect, I have to tap the right device to get it to do so, every time. (Which I've memorized is the second 345 on the list).

But on an airplane I flew last night, I could not get the GTX 345 to connect at all. I am not sure if I have connected to this one before (it's a client's airplane), but I imagine I have, a few months ago when we last flew. Since it didn't auto-connect, and I don't know which entry for the GTX345 it is on the list, I literally tried manually tapping on each one - none of them was the right one.

So I went to the GTX345 "Bluetooth" page to put it in discoverable mode, but no new ones showed up on the iPad as available.

I think I had this second problem in another airplane recently as well.

Any ideas? Is there maybe a limit to how many devices iOS can store at one time? Or is the problem actually with the 345 units and some kind of limit there?

There is a device limit on the GTX 345. I couldn't find it in the manual, but it's either 12 or 13. Any additional devices will not be remembered by the GTX and will have to be manually reconnected every time, and they will replace the previous last device in the list. The first 12 devices to connect are the ones that will normally auto-reconnect, and that's how it'll remain unless you delete some of the devices that are already on the list.

Also, you should check to see if your device is in the list and whether it may have been set to not reconnect automatically. From the GTX 345 manual:

Screen Shot 2020-02-04 at 9.12.50 PM.png

Thanks. I'll check the 345 next time I"m at the airport. I know my problem is not too many devices.

Any chance you had your phone or another iPad with you that was also connecting? I had a similar problem with a FS210, it turned out that I had 3 devices trying to connect and it made arbitrary decisions on priority.

Any chance you had your phone or another iPad with you that was also connecting? I had a similar problem with a FS210, it turned out that I had 3 devices trying to connect and it made arbitrary decisions on priority.

Good point - I specifically did NOT connect my iPhone to the FlightStream because when I fly with my airplane partner I want it to grab both of our iPads.

No chance. There were two other devices, but both of them had Bluetooth turned off. My hearing aids can only connect to one device at a time so I make sure I turn BT off on the other two when I turn it on on my Ipad.

I really don't like BlueTooth. I hope it goes the way of the 30 pin Ipad charging cord.

This happens to me as well. I always have to reconnect on my iPad for each flight.

Back