GTN750 & Panel mount transponder w/o control

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
I have a GTN750 and GTX330 (not ES). How can I reconfigure the GTN to NOT control the Ident and Squawk code? I'd like to get those two fields back for other data.

If it matters, I get my ADS-B through a GDL-88.

I would think that is how it should be now (to control the GTX330). Should I turn this setting to OFF? I assume I can just change it back if needed?

I would think that is how it should be now (to control the GTX330). Should I turn this setting to OFF? I assume I can just change it back if needed?

What I typed is what you need. Click the link and Ctrl F to search that manual.

If you turn it completely off completely do you lose pressure alt on the GTX?

I see that for "GTX w/TIS #1" it says "Choosing this input setting will automatically configure the corresponding channel output to the same setting." So if I change it to "Panel GTX w/TIS #1", do I need to do anything to change the "corresponding channel output" and how would I do that?

If a setting requires both input and output to be the same it does it automatically when one of them is entered.

That page looks like figure 5-6 in section 5.5.1.2 "RS-232 Configuration Page"

Enter config screen, make changes, update configuration module, and turn power off.

Now check the documents provided by the dealer, as a certified aircraft likely has an AFMS showing that config you had and now it doesn't match that.

Last edited:
Back