GTN750 arrival without transition

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
I was coming into KFTW and getting vectored and then sent to PLEBS and told to use the MOTZA arrival but the Garmin does not let me add it with no transition... it won't let me start at PLEBS, will it?

Last edited:
Hit direct and then fltpln then find plebs and it should work. If you have Motza loaded.

You’re our town and didn’t notify us? You do realize you’re missing out some free grub and drinks.

I was coming into KFTW and getting vectored and then sent to PLEBS and told to use the MOTZA arrival but the farming does not let me leave ad it with no transition... it won't let me stat at PLEBS, will it?
Huh?

If I managed to understand, load a transition which includes PLEBS and once loaded, do Direct PLEBS and join it there,

Sorry fixed the auto-correct. I guess I need to add the full arrival. It would be nice if Garmin let you select any point along the arrival.

Once you say "vectors" you lose the intermediate waypoints. Always better to load the closest transition, and then jump ahead once on vectored to the Final Approach Course.

Last edited:
Sorry fixed the auto-correct. I guess I need to add the full arrival. It would be nice if Garmin let you select any point along the arrival.
It's handled the same as approaches. Your best bet is to pick a reasonable IAF or Transition as an entry point so you have all the waypoints from that point forward in the flight plan.

Oh yeah, quite right! As midlifeflyer said, the answer is the same though.

Back