GTN650 and XM Music

Skymark11

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
skymark11
When I play XM Music on the Garmin GTN650, it cuts out when there is a radio call. Is there an internal option to set where it stays on regardless of radio traffics?
I’d like to set the volume low and be able to listen to both.

When I play XM Music on the Garmin GTN650, it cuts out when there is a radio call. Is there an internal option to set where it stays on regardless of radio traffics?
I’d like to set the volume low and be able to listen to both.
What audio panel do you have?

:yeahthat:
Music mute should be a function of the audio panel and not the GTN650.

Thank you for pointing me to the audio panel, PMA 8000BT. Tried the mute button on the audio panel yesterday and that did allow un interrupted music during radio transmissions. Both the audio panel and GTN are recent upgrades.

Awesome thank you for reply. On another note… yesterday With my iPhone hooked up to BT on the PMA8000BT, I heard the phone ring through my headset… but could not hear the caller and they couldn’t hear me. I’ll spend some time with ground power… Any insights ? Pretty sure I didn’t selected Phone on the audio panel and also not sure of the installation options.

Awesome thank you for reply. On another note… yesterday With my iPhone hooked up to BT on the PMA8000BT, I heard the phone ring through my headset… but could not hear the caller and they couldn’t hear me. I’ll spend some time with ground power… Any insights ? Pretty sure I didn’t selected Phone on the audio panel and also not sure of the installation options.
Call PS Engineering and speak with Mark. He is the expert on problems like this.

Were you in TEL mode?

Back