GTN Checklists with FlightStream 510

iamtheari

Administrator
Management Council Member
Display Name

Display name:
Ari
The GTN Xi pilot guide says that you can put a chklist.ace file into the root directory of an SD card and then access your checklists from the GTN. However, the SD card slot in my GTN has a FlightStream 510 installed in it. Does anyone know if it is possible to have both the FlightStream and checklist file running on the same GTN?

Like @Anthem said, the FS510 has storage on it. However, many computers have difficulty accessing it without an adapter due to the higher power requirements of the card. Something like the Transcend TS-RDF5K usually works for computers that have issues accessing it as an SD card directly.

Like @Anthem said, the FS510 has storage on it. However, many computers have difficulty accessing it without an adapter due to the higher power requirements of the card. Something like the Transcend TS-RDF5K usually works for computers that have issues accessing it as an SD card directly.
Thanks for the specific tip. I tried it with the USB-C hub I recently got that includes an SD card reader, to no avail. I’ll try it on my older memory card reader at the office since it has a 100% success rate in working with SD cards, unlike the fancy new one. :)

Back