GTN 650 FIS-B error

AlleyCat67

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
AleyCat67
Anyone ever gotten a "Datalink error: FIS-B weather has failed" error on your GTN 650/750? Yesterday I flew from New England to the DC area, and never received Nexrad weather, but had that error message displayed. The manual just says "see dealer", so I guess that's what I'll do... just wondering if someone else has experienced that.

I read on this site or another about people not getting radar on FIS-B, they got the other WX. You might want to try it again before sending it in.

Thanks. Yes I was wondering if it might be some general outage yesterday. I’ll try it again this week before donating more of my retirement portfolio to the avionics shop.

Yesterday about 11am central time it wasn’t working for crap. Late that day it was working fine

(Eastern Nebraska & South Dakota)

Yesterday I flew from New England to the DC area, and never received Nexrad weather, but had that error message displayed.

Saturday was a heck of a day to fly... FWIW, I didn't notice any issues flying to the NE on Sunday and back on Monday.

There were NOTAMs to the effect that ADS-B TISB and FISB were having issues.
Can you give an example? Can one be notified of such outages in the same way as GPS testing or TFRs?

Last edited:
Back