Grumman G-164 Agcat Questions...

Snaggletooth

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Dustin
Not sure if anyone here would know, but I have a few questions about the Grumman G-164 Agcat.

1. Whats the average spraying speed of a Radial and Turbine Powered G-164?

2. What is Vy for a Radial G-164?

3. Whats the hourly operating cost of a Radial Powered G-164?

Not sure if anyone here would know, but I have a few questions about the Grumman G-164 Agcat.

1, The 450 works about 90-110 mph or so depending upon whether spraying with the pump and booms versus dragging the dry material spreader. The 600 will work around 110-130. The turbines will work 120-140.

2. What's that? :D :smile:

3. I really haven't kept up with the round motor operating cost's in a long time. The fuel consumption on a working 450 will average around 30 gph. Just out riding around you can do better than that.
The 600 is gonna average around 40 gph.
The turbine, (depending upon what size engine), will burn around 45-50 gph. This would include the -1 Garrett and the -20,-15 P&W. Not too familiar with the -34, but I would expect around 55-60 gph.

1, The 450 works about 90-110 mph or so depending upon whether spraying with the pump and booms versus dragging the dry material spreader. The 600 will work around 110-130. The turbines will work 120-140.

2. What's that? :D :smile:

3. I really haven't kept up with the round motor operating cost's in a long time. The fuel consumption on a working 450 will average around 30 gph. Just out riding around you can do better than that.
The 600 is gonna average around 40 gph.
The turbine, (depending upon what size engine), will burn around 45-50 gph. This would include the -1 Garrett and the -20,-15 P&W. Not too familiar with the -34, but I would expect around 55-60 gph.

Thanks!!

BTW.... Vy is the V-Speed for the Best Rate of Climb Speed (example: 67kts in a C152).

Thanks!!

BTW.... Vy is the V-Speed for the Best Rate of Climb Speed (example: 67kts in a C152).

I think he was jerking your chain about Vy. Anything over about 100 feet and duster pilots get nosebleed, so they don't really worry about best rate of climb - they get to 100 feet AGL real quick. :D

1. I work 450hp Cats at 105 and 600hp Cats at 115, never worked a turbine, but I'd guess to add 10mph to that.

2. V what? Ag planes have 2 Vspeeds. Vf and Vnf as in V flying, V not flying. The thing is, its official gross weight is whatever I think it can fly with and write in its log. The other thing is as soon as I clear the airport fence I put the nose down for speed.

3. I had a 1340 and it averaged 40 gph. I did all my own wrenching and mostly used used parts. My plane also came with 2 sets of booms, several sets of nozzles including CPs and boxes of orifices and other small parts as well as a spare pump several fans and a spreader box, so I never bought any of that stuff. I had flown that plane for another operator for a season and spent about $3000 and a fair bit of time getting it all sealed up and leak free. Overhaul on a 1340 costs about $30k.

Back