Group Purchase

SteveB

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
SteveB
Hello,

Back in the day when my hobbies included boating and fishing, I belonged to a forum that, through some of its members, would offer group buys on various items.

This led me to wonder if we could do that here. Has anyone ever considered, or is there any interest, in putting together a group purchase?

I have read the forum rules and believe it to be ok or am I wrong?

This is also posted in the classified section but I wasn't sure how many watched that section so I thought I would double up on the post.

Steve

In the past in another forum group we have put together group buys for things such as Pulse Oxymeters, vortex generators, flap gap seals, fire extinguishers etc.

Usually requires 10+ people participating, but worth the effort.

As for the plane, I'm OK with what I got.

This can be quite useful. e.g. I've just purchased a XeVision HID landing light through a group purchase set up by a Mooney mailing list. I saved 20%.

So ok, I should have qualified this a bit more.

I was thinking that we might start with something a little smaller than the Da-42 although if someone can put it together..........Count Me In ;)

Is there any interest in an ACR plb/epirb with a built-in gps..... or a Handheld radio.

These are a few of the items that I can possibly offer up.

Any other reasonable ideas?

Steve

I'd be interested in buying a handheld. I've had my eye on an Icom...

I'm lined up as a reseller for one of the larger aviation supply distributors. That includes pilot supplies, radios, many aircraft parts and equipment... just about name it, I can get it... with one exception... I cannot get a GPS. Garmin has a lock on those dealerships and they want an arm and three legs to get one started, not to mention requiring you to be a retail shop AT an airport. Operating out of my car trunk won't cut it.

So, for those who come up with ideas that may work for a group of folks, keep me in mind. I'm not out to get rich off anyone, just enough to buy my own Gulfstream IV.. or, at least a large poster of one! :)

Just cover the shipping, etc and any possible carrying costs. Okay, I will go for a DA-42! :D

CO detector, Oil, Oil Filters, Tires, HID lights, LED position lights, beacons, etc.

So ok, I should have qualified this a bit more.

I was thinking that we might start with something a little smaller than the Da-42 although if someone can put it together..........Count Me In ;)

Is there any interest in an ACR plb/epirb with a built-in gps..... or a Handheld radio.
Actually, I admit that I had a problem with this being other than in the "classified" area but....

That said, I might be intereted in the ACR plb/epirb. I have one on my XMaas list, but if I don't get one...

Screw the DA-42, since I don't have my multi yet. How about a DA-50?:goofy:

I'm lined up as a reseller for one of the larger aviation supply distributors. That includes pilot supplies, radios, many aircraft parts and equipment... just about name it, I can get it... with one exception... I cannot get a GPS. Garmin has a lock on those dealerships and they want an arm and three legs to get one started, not to mention requiring you to be a retail shop AT an airport. Operating out of my car trunk won't cut it.
There are gps that aren't garmin, believe it or not!

What's the chance we could do a group purchase of a lowrance 2000?

There are gps that aren't garmin, believe it or not!

What's the chance we could do a group purchase of a lowrance 2000?
I can't get Lowrance but I can get the accessories. Oddly, I have no access to any actual GPS receivers. It bites!

My primary source is Edmo Distributors so if you come up with ideas from there, I'll do what I can to help. I'm also trying to set up a reseller agreement with Lightspeed.

Group buy on a Red Ryder BB gun? Count me in. :)

With the compass in the stock?

You'll shoot yer eye out kid!

My buddy took the Christmas dinner in a Chinese restaurant thing all the way. He flew to China Saturday morning.

You mean like a PoA fleet of DA-42s, purchased for 50K each? I'm in. :D

Well, if anyone's around Indianapolis... There's a listing on ASO for a 20% share of a 2006 G1000 DA40, for $4,000!!! Yes, FOUR thousand dollars. $310/mo and $25/hr dry.

I sure wish I lived in Indianapolis. :(

Anthony,

Santa brought David and Matthew matching Daisy Model 901 BB guns. They will also single fire a .177 pellet. The boys have shot this gun at Cub Scout camp for the last few years. I think it is a good, sturdy gun. I kinda wish Santa had brought one for dad too. :<)

Len

it hought it was a "thing that told direction and a clock" in the stock?

kent im afraid that should be 40,000. :(

Well, if anyone's around Indianapolis... There's a listing on ASO for a 20% share of a 2006 G1000 DA40, for $4,000!!! Yes, FOUR thousand dollars. $310/mo and $25/hr dry.

I sure wish I lived in Indianapolis. :(

Methinks there's a missing zero. Now if you can convince them there isn't... well, that's a hell of a deal ;)

Methinks there's a missing zero. Now if you can convince them there isn't... well, that's a hell of a deal ;)

it hought it was a "thing that told direction and a clock" in the stock?

kent im afraid that should be 40,000. :(

You'd think so, but...

http://www.aso.com/i.aso3/aircraft_...p=falsexxxxxsearchid=10196124xxxxxregionid=-1

Hmmm. $4,000 * 5 = $20,000. Not quite enough for 10% down, and the dues only fetch $1550/mo for payment + insurance + hangar.

And I don't know how they're gonna operate an airplane for $27/hr, even dry on a new plane. :dunno:

Back