Ground School in NW Atlanta/Marietta GA

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
A friend has two boys who are interested in becoming pilots and who are looking for ground instruction in the NW Atlanta area. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Superior Flight School is at RYY. I got my PPL and IR there.

I didn't do their ground school classes, just because that's not my preferred learning method.

Here's a free ebook that will answer any question they could have about becoming pilots. (And it comes from north Atlanta.)
No sign-up required.

www.FreeFlyBook.com

Superior Flight in RYY Kennesaw is where I'm at. The school is transitioning right now to focus on part 141 full time students, but I've been told will have still have part 61 available come January. (Joe sold the business last year). Website for example is down right now as they transition.

I can't speak to the ground school, as I came in with the written already done. I believe the ground school that they would offer for part 61 would be one on one with your CFI.

If the boys are out of school, call Will at Superior and ask what they offer. If the boys are high school, have them work the written test using Kings or something on line IMHO. But I'd at least have the boys take a discover flight and see if they actually like flying.

An important point to note - "ground school" is a pretty loose term. Some programs (as WDD mentioned above) only do test prep. The two boys in question would better benefit from a comprehensive program. They shouldn't start out with the concept that the only knowledge necessary is the knowledge needed to pass the written test. That's a bad notion to get started with.

Back