Greetings

Liquidsky

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Liquid
Just here to introduce myself..

My name is Justin and im from Indiana. Running a little on the older side at 37yrs old about to embark upon a career change. I have zero hrs of flight and just about to enroll into one of the few flight programs around here in Indiana. Im here to gain a more knowledge before i pull the trigger on what path i should take.
So...off to the search box i go

Take care

Welcome. Number one rule: Fly your butt off. If your career changing you have a lot of hours to put in the book before that first paycheck.

On the "older side at 37" he says.

First lesson in learning to fly - know your audience.;)

Haha my apologies...ive simply heard numerous stories of me being too old to become a career pilot. Im not necessarily looking to fly a heavy from Seattle to Tokyo. Yet i wouldn't mind one day if i made it that far.

Haha my apologies...ive simply heard numerous stories of me being too old to become a career pilot. Im not necessarily looking to fly a heavy from Seattle to Tokyo. Yet i wouldn't mind one day if i made it that far.

I recently heard via the grape vine that UPS hired a 55 year old.

I was 37 when I made the leap to full time pilot.

I recently heard via the grape vine that UPS hired a 55 year old.

I was 37 when I made the leap to full time pilot.

Heck 10-15 years ago Delta was hiring a few in their mid 50s when 60 was retirement age. As long as they can get a couple years out of you they recoup their training costs.

I started flying for a living at 36. It can be done. Even easier now than when I started.

Just keep an open mind, there is more to a career in aviation than flying for an airline.

First search box recommendation:

Obtaining your medical, it can be the dream killer and should be 100% understood prior to submitting it and visiting the AME. No point in going any farther if you can't get your medical. Hopefully others will chime in with more specific advice and relevant threads to read.

Welcome aboard! Man you're gonna score babes now :goofy:

Back