Greetings,from new member

housefly

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
housefly
Hello to all P.O.A.members,just want to say thanks for allowing me to join your forum.As a relatively new student(ground school,20 hours logged) I can't contribute any wisdom to the topics dicussed herein,a good student should absorb knowlege and experiences of others whenever and wherever he or she can.So,i'm skulking in the background,picking up tidbits of wisdom;and a few chuckles also; here and there.Thank you for sharing! For those interested,go to my photo album and check out "Warbirds".

Welcome to POA. You'd be surprised what you can contribute just by asking questions.

Hey, lots of active Dallas area PoAers (that I wish I could see more often). Where are you based?

Yeah! Where are you based?

And (of course) Welcome to Pilots of America!

Hello to all P.O.A.members,just want to say thanks for allowing me to join your forum.As a relatively new student(ground school,20 hours logged) I can't contribute any wisdom to the topics dicussed herein,a good student should absorb knowlege and experiences of others whenever and wherever he or she can.So,i'm skulking in the background,picking up tidbits of wisdom;and a few chuckles also; here and there.Thank you for sharing! For those interested,go to my photo album and check out "Warbirds".

Welcome!

I think that you will soon find that you have more to offer here than you think. Someone with 20 hours has a better recollection of some of the emotions and skills that a rank beginner deals with. As we get more hours, we sort of forget about some of the details of the skills that we have managed to make automatic reflexes.

You will be offering help to those a little further behind you in the learning curve.

Good luck with your training and keep us posted.
Doc

Howdy fellas! i'm a new member myslef and a student pilot with 35hours under the wings.. Looking forward to share & expand on my aviation experience/knowledge and welcome new the aviator...
Thanks
55Knots..

Thanks again for making me feel welcomed! Last year, after rotator cuff surgery and during 4 months of rehab,surfing the internet led me to looking into flight training.What makes me want to fly? I can't definitely say;was it all those model airplanes I glued and hung from my bedroom ceiling in my childhood?Was it because I could flap my arms and fly in dreams occasionally?(ever have that dream yourself?)Maybe it was all those long,boring 12 hour drives roundtrip to the south Texas ranch where I hunt arrowheads.I don't know,it's hard to figure why a 58 year old man decides it's time to become a pilot,an airman, hopefully.One thing I've learned is don't over analyze it;the only real failure is never trying to begin with.
We are lucky here in the metroplex to have several options of where to train.I decided Mesquite Aviation at Mesquite Metro Airport(KHQZ) was the best fit for me.Being an old hayseed from east texas(Daingerfield),I like the faily rural,uncrowded setting HQZ has to offer, no waiting on the ramp for clearance,10 minutes from the practice area,thirty minute drive from my house.I'm happy with my CFI,he's thorough and a good teacher.He assures me I will be equally comfortable at a towered field as well as an uncontrolled field. I practice at home with Comm1 software and we've done t&g's,full stops at towered fields also.Pattern work is next on the agenda.If you local pilots hear a low,slow,east texas drawl;"Skyhawk 1221 Uniform" it might be me. BTW,for the warbird folks, had the good fortune to share airspace and radio contact with "Fifi" the only operational B-29 last month.What a thrill to take off,look out and see her at my altitude,approx. 5 miles out.You know what they say;Priceless!

Thanks again for making me feel welcomed! Last year, after rotator cuff surgery and during 4 months of rehab,surfing the internet led me to looking into flight training.What makes me want to fly? I can't definitely say;was it all those model airplanes I glued and hung from my bedroom ceiling in my childhood?Was it because I could flap my arms and fly in dreams occasionally?(ever have that dream yourself?)Maybe it was all those long,boring 12 hour drives roundtrip to the south Texas ranch where I hunt arrowheads.I don't know,it's hard to figure why a 58 year old man decides it's time to become a pilot,an airman, hopefully.One thing I've learned is don't over analyze it;the only real failure is never trying to begin with.
We are lucky here in the metroplex to have several options of where to train.I decided Mesquite Aviation at Mesquite Metro Airport(KHQZ) was the best fit for me.Being an old hayseed from east texas(Daingerfield),I like the faily rural,uncrowded setting HQZ has to offer, no waiting on the ramp for clearance,10 minutes from the practice area,thirty minute drive from my house.I'm happy with my CFI,he's thorough and a good teacher.He assures me I will be equally comfortable at a towered field as well as an uncontrolled field. I practice at home with Comm1 software and we've done t&g's,full stops at towered fields also.Pattern work is next on the agenda.If you local pilots hear a low,slow,east texas drawl;"Skyhawk 1221 Uniform" it might be me. BTW,for the warbird folks, had the good fortune to share airspace and radio contact with "Fifi" the only operational B-29 last month.What a thrill to take off,look out and see her at my altitude,approx. 5 miles out.You know what they say;Priceless!

Better late than never! Nice of you to finally join us.

<---<^>--->

Thanks all for the warm welcome - flying this weekend(both Sat & Sun) and will post my experience..... Saturday is doubtful(high chance of rain), but this sunday looks sunny (its always sunny in philadelphia)...
later
55kts...thats when i rotate.. :)

Back