Greetings from Disney <g>

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Flew out to Disney to meet my kids and Granddaughter; so, I'm in 3-and-one-half-year-old world; having lots of fun!!

We're staying at the Swan Hotel; ate at the kiddy place last night and everything stopped when Pluto walked into the room! My Granddaughter's face lit up like a Christmas tree. Never saw so many ear-to-ear smiles. Parents sure act stupid when folks dressed up in costumes come up to their cubs and say silly things <g>

Went to MGM earlier today; Haloween Party at Disney tonight. Great fun. Just another world for Grandpa.

Oh, flew right over Brookhaven on the way out at FL190; hope you looked up Steve!!

Best to all.

Dave

Ah! So it WAS you who was flying 322KS out to Kissimee! Glad you're having a good time. Little kids are a hoot, you're right.

Hi...suggest visiting the Crystal Palace while at the Magic Kingdom. The food is good...but the key is that Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and the rest of the gang visit each table and allow tons of pictures for the kids (and the "older" kids at heart). Best times are breakfast and lunch...make a reservation so you do not have to get in the "wait" line and bring your camera with tons of batteries and memory sticks.

Have a great time!

Yup, that's on our destination list in the next year or so.....not necessarily by choice. ;)

Dave If you are going to be in the area next week (starting sunday the 23) send me a PM.
I'd love to meet up, and I'll be down in the area.

Sorry to have disappeared. We just were doing things non-stop. When I got back to the room, Abby, my Granddaughter wanted to play computer games with me.

That first night there, I was accompanied to the Halloween Party Ms. Minnie Mouse. One of the most distinctive invitations I've ever received. Just got back to Dallas today and am way behind on a bunch of stuff. As I get caught up, I'll try to get back on here more.

Best,

Dave

Attachments

• DisneyMinnie Mouse092107 001.jpg
    DisneyMinnie Mouse092107 001.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
There is nothing NOTHING in this world better than watching you child/grandchild have that look of awe come across thier faces.

That's a sweet picture. We're getting geared up for what has turned into an annual trip to Disney. One more month - the girls have been planning it since the day we left last year. As Adam says, the look they get is just priceless. It is a magical place. Expensive, too, but magical.

Did I mention expensive?

That's a sweet picture. We're getting geared up for what has turned into an annual trip to Disney. One more month - the girls have been planning it since the day we left last year. As Adam says, the look they get is just priceless. It is a magical place. Expensive, too, but magical.

Did I mention expensive?

I was through there just the other day. Good thing one of my friends is a Disney artist (she does one of those charachter drawing classes at MGM amoungst other things), can you say "freebee"? Although still had to buy food and booze (you buy your cocktails at EPCOT, put them in Coke cups and sneak them into the Kingdom). The prices for the parks are incredible to say the least.

Last edited:
I got married at Disney (before it was the huge industry it is now) and I have pix of the bride playing frisbee with Mickey. One thing is clear from the photos, though. Mickey has boobs.

Hi...suggest visiting the Crystal Palace while at the Magic Kingdom. The food is good...but the key is that Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and the rest of the gang visit each table and allow tons of pictures for the kids (and the "older" kids at heart). Best times are breakfast and lunch...make a reservation so you do not have to get in the "wait" line and bring your camera with tons of batteries and memory sticks.

Have a great time!
For some reason, the Crystal Palace has always been my favorite building there. I love that High Victorian feel of that spot and Main Street in general.

Have a great time!

Is that the one in the Castle? Great food there. Worth the price of admission alone!!

Been years since I've been there.

Dave,

It's hard to believe you're a grandpa.

Couldn't have worded that better myself Mr. Chip!! Hard to believe indeed, until one wakes in the morning and starts to move about. Body takes awhile to begin obeying my mind!!

Best,

Dave

Dave If you are going to be in the area next week (starting sunday the 23) send me a PM.
I'd love to meet up, and I'll be down in the area.

Sorry Rob; everything was planned from the minute I touched down. From the time Miss Abby awoke, until she finally settled in for the night, all the adults seemed to do is reach. After she settled in, finally got to visit with my Son and Daughter a bit!

Best,

Dave

I was through there just the other day. Good thing one of my friends is a Disney artist (she does one of those charachter drawing classes at MGM amoungst other things), can you say "freebee"? Although still had to buy food and booze (you buy your cocktails at EPCOT, put them in Coke cups and sneak them into the Kingdom). The prices for the parks are incredible to say the least.

Over $70 each for a one day pass to Uncle Walt's place. Sure makes you plan ahead a bit to get to all the places one wants to see for the bucks. We ate there too; I get much larger Pizzas here in Dallas for $8.00 than they served there--theirs would almost be one slice here; maybe two at the most. Geesh. FBO; gas, hanger, rental car, hotel, meals out can really add up. Families must save all year for this, bring sandwiches and lots of coupons!! This, football games and many other things just seem to be getting crazy as far as prices. Don't know how the average family could ever do this unless they really find deals. My daughter searched high and low for months and got several tips from friends. Grandpa still paid for most of it for them to be able to afford it.

Best,

Dave

I got married at Disney (before it was the huge industry it is now) and I have pix of the bride playing frisbee with Mickey. One thing is clear from the photos, though. Mickey has boobs.

Seems it hasn't change much in that regard, Ken. Our Mickey had a real distinctive pear shaped figure!

Best,

Dave

Is that the one in the Castle? Great food there. Worth the price of admission alone!!

Been years since I've been there.
Crystal Palace is off of Main Street. The Castle place, I think you need special reservations or something.

Over $70 each for a one day pass to Uncle Walt's place. Sure makes you plan ahead a bit to get to all the places one wants to see for the bucks.........

And worth every penny. Works out to less than $10/hour per person for a full day. Around here $70 wont even get you one touch and go in a C-172 rental.

My wife and I have rediscovered the parks in our middle age. We buy the multipark park annual pass for Bush Gardens / Seaworld. Muuuch better bargain than Disney. If we need to go to Disney we'll find an employee to get us in.

It is amazing how relaxing the park experiance can be when you don't have to "see it all" in one day. But, the best is taking kids along, they are such a hoot! Glad you had a good time. Your grandaughters picture says it all. :)

We just took our "kids" to Disneyland again last month. 27 and 30 (and the 27 year old is married, so we took her husband, too). They still enjoy it as much as the first time we took them when they were young. Back then they thought they'd died and gone to heaven. Someday we'll get to take grandchildren. Sigh.

People watching was really fun at Disney. One of the funniest things we saw happened over and over. We were in the part of the Park that had a lot of characters -- Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, Mickey Mouse, etc. Lines were about 30 minutes long at each. Every time we were in line, we'd catch someone coming from the other direction that must have just seen the characters (but not the long line)!!

Suddenly, they'd grab their cub or cubs and drag them toward Tigger, Pooh or whoever, and start sprinting over (as fast as one could make headway with strollers; little ones and lots of stuff). As they got right up to the character, they were tempered with the reality that there was a long line. Their faces went from unbridled excitement, to confusion, to real disappointment all within about five seconds.

This happened over and over again. Of course, we didn't have else much to do while in line but to look at what was going on around us.

Best,

Dave

Back