Greenville SC trip March 31

...what time we leaving, Dave? (grin)

Spike:

I'm leaving Thursday. Returning Sunday. Told some folks I was coming out and they wanted to link up for lunch on Saturday <g>

You are, of course, welcome to come. You'll need to arrange your own lodging, transportation, etc. once you get there!

Best,

Dave

I'm just down the road in Gainesville, GA. Let me know what your schedule will look like on Saturday.

Well, shoot, I would've met up with you, 'cept I'm going to be in Iowa doing that glider thing.:yes:

Sorry, church activities Saturday, otherwise I'd be there. :(

:mad:

I'm supposed to be at Carowinds all weekend... we'll see what happens though.

Dave, Do you have an ETA. MAYBE I can join. I hope so.

We're discussing lunch, so, I would think around noon. I'm waiting to hear from some others (kinna like herding cats). Looks like we have a squall front coming into Dallas Thursday afternoon, but I should leave before it gets here.

As soon as I get a certain time, I'll post it.

Best,

Dave

Looks like we're on for lunch at Greenville SC Overlook Grill at high Noon on Saturday.

Best,

Dave

Well, if Ames, IA doesn't clean up their wx, you just might see me in Greenville.:D

I'd be fun to see you again Kaye! Carol T. is in Florida and can't make it but we have several other folks planning of flying in.

Dave

There's a stationary front just north of Greenville, but I'm going to launch tomorrow anyway and fly out unless things get worse. Hopefully, this will be better Saturday.

Best,

Dave

Flew into Greenville, Donaldson today just after 2:00. Nice trip; great twin weather <g>. Low ceiling at departure, 11,000 foot tops. Cruddy during the departure and climb, then, wonderful sunny weather on top at FL190 with a little tail wind. Got almost a direct flight from Dallas to Greenville (had to going around Columbus One MOA). About a 700 foot ceiling on the approach at Donaldson and vis under 3 miles, but no problem.

Weather is forecast to be good here Saturday; hope some of you can joing us.

Best,

Dave

Glad you made it. I didn't go west, so I'm planning on going south. Heading out to Ocracoke tomorrow and spend the night, if I can get a room. So I'll be out of touch with no 'puter and the cell phone doesn't work down there either.

How far away is the Overlook grill? And that's at noon, right?

Kaye

Dave, Sue and I would like to join in Saturday. I can fly into Donaldson or GMU. Any ideas about transportation to the restaurant? Looking forward to it.

What do you think about our pollen here in the SE this year?:eek:

GMU is closest. Greenville Jet Center is where most folks are planning on flying into. I don't know about the cost of fuel there; I'm sure there are more affordable places.
Some folks are coming in at 10:30 so they can spend sometime walking around the area before lunch. We have informally set high noon as the time to meet for lunch.
I'm here, so, I can pick you up any time is you let me know. My cell is 214 and 632 and 7132.

Sounds like there will be at least five of us without y'all. There are two more from the Beech list that haven't confirmed and a few more maybes.

Kenny, are you coming?

Best,

Dave

Sue's getting in late from a Delta trip Friday night, so we can't really come earlier. That's too bad, because downtown Greenville is pretty nice. I'll plan on an ETA into GMU about 11 and give Dave a call.

Kenny, are you coming?
I'm hoping to. I need to see what I can work out between appliance service problems and an ankle that wants to walk one way while I walk the other.

Throw the address on me for the restaurant, itself.

I'm hoping to. I need to see what I can work out between appliance service problems and an ankle that wants to walk one way while I walk the other.

Throw the address on me for the restaurant, itself.

There's a link to a review on the first post. Guess you'd have to seach from there if the address isn't in it.

Dave

Ken, If it would help I could pick you up in Gainsville.

Ken, If it would help I could pick you up in Gainsville.
You mean... lower my standards and get in a Mooney?!?!? :hairraise:

Thanks Lance.

I may end up blowing off GE. This fritty fratter is gonna get replaced with another if I get my way. If so, I'll probably take a Skyhawk up but I'll stick around later and see a couple folks who live up there.

I'll let you know tomorrow evening. I'll drop a number by PM.

Would that be the Church of March Madness? Heheheheh.

Acutally, choir practice with the orchestra Saturday, big musical program all three services Sunday.

But, come tip time, my butt will be planted. These should be FANTASTIC final four games!!!

Madness has had really good games this year.

Acutally, choir practice with the orchestra Saturday, big musical program all three services Sunday.

But, come tip time, my butt will be planted. These should be FANTASTIC final four games!!!

Madness has had really good games this year.
NOT if you're a courier in Atlanta today! Traffic during the thug festival is worse than the Olympics was in 1996.

NOT if you're a courier in Atlanta today! Traffic during the thug festival is worse than the Olympics was in 1996.

To each his own, I've already put in to try and get tickets for next year's "thug festival" in San Antonio.

We have reservations for a group of ten at high Noon at the Overlook Grill. If we're late, they will try to work us in for the next available table. Two folks from Knoxville won't decide until the morning as there is a frontal system moving in. The can get here, but are worried about the return trip. Two from Ashville, Ralph Hood and John Cooper sound like they're coming. Two from Hendersonville sound firm. Lance and his with make seven with me. Couple more folks are tentative.

Look forward to seeing those that make it in.

Best,

Dave

Lance:

There's another gentleman trying to link up with someone in the Atlanta area. His name is Steve Leonard. Can you send me a phone number so I can ask him to call you.?

Best,

Dave

Hey Dave,
I'm not going to make it down there today. Looking forward to seeing you at Gaston's!
Kaye

Dave,

I've decided to bail out. I've just not had enough rest to risk having to return in IMC later today. Thursday night ended when I finally got to bed at 1AM. My dispatcher asked me to come back out at 1.30AM and I declined. At 4AM, he begged again so I did. I finally returned home after 11PM. By the time my body decided sleep was in order, it was 1.30AM. At 8.30, I decided another hour was in order. Alas, it's nearly two hours later and I'm gonna excercise some judgement. I need rest!

I also have an aerobatic flight tomorrow with more upset recovery training so I'd think it'd be good to well prepared for that with at least a rested body.

I'm sorry I'm gonna miss the gathering. I had been looking forward to the trip up.

Lance, I don't know if you made it up there or not. By the time I realized I should have called, it was much too late. But, hopefully we get a local crowd on the 14th. I'm looking forward to that.

Ken

Sorry you couldn't make it Ken. I know what it's like to have too much going on.

Lance and Sue did make it up. Ralph Hood and John Cooper from Ashville; John Gaitsville and his wife Pam from Hendersonville; Dr. Steve Leonard flew up from Atlanta. Wonderful day. We ate out on the veranda looking over the waterfall. Really nice to meet some of these folks for the first time and to visit with Lance again.

Best,

Dave

It was IFR at the 10:30am departure time in the Atlanta area, but I was able to borrow a 430 and plug it in this morning so we could go.
It was a beautiful day in Greenville. Good lunch and conversation and a safe trip home.
Thanks for picking us up at GMU Dave! I'm waiting to see somebody's pictures (I forgot to bring my camera>)
This kind of stuff is fun.

Doggone it. I really wish I had made it. All day today, I kept wishing I had gone. But, at the time required of the "no/no go" decision, I went with my gut feeling of the latter. :(

There shall be other times... hopefully as close. :yes:

Is Ed going to install an ILS at Gaston's? :)

Gastons or 6Y9? 6Y9 (Ed's Place) is Labor Day. Gaston's dont need no ILS, you can shoot approaches into Flippin or Mountain Home. Jesse can come get you in the DA40.

Gastons or 6Y9? 6Y9 (Ed's Place) is Labor Day. Gaston's dont need no ILS, you can shoot approaches into Flippin or Mountain Home. Jesse can come get you in the DA40.
Ouch.. Ok, I had the two confused.

Back