Green-Laser Blocking glasses

You could see the world through rose-colored glasses.

Nothing like wearing those every time in order to prevent an incident that will likely never occur in your flying career. May be worthwhile for helo pilots who work at night, assuming they aren't using night-vision equipment anyway.

I've been lased, it was annoying for about a second, of course I didn't keep staring at the damn thing or anything like that. Seems like yet another solution in search of a problem

Yeah it happens, no you don't need to wear silly shades.

I have to wear laser blocking glasses at work occasionally. They are a pain that interferes with normal vision. Perhaps these are an improvement. The incidence of getting lased is likely far too low to wear these glasses.

I've been lased, it was annoying for about a second, of course I didn't keep staring at the damn thing or anything like that. Seems like yet another solution in search of a problem

Yeah it happens, no you don't need to wear silly shades.

I think there is a market for these. GA pilots who routinely wear helmets surely want a drop-down green laser preventer shade device on their cool helmet!

-Skip

What if you get shot by a red laser?

Maybe they could make one lens red, and one green, so that if you got shot by one you'd at least save one eye. (You're still hosed if you get shot by both, though.)

On the plus side, you could use such glasses for 3D movie viewing, too.

What if you get shot by a red laser?

Maybe they could make one lens red, and one green, so that if you got shot by one you'd at least save one eye. (You're still hosed if you get shot by both, though.)

On the plus side, you could use such glasses for 3D movie viewing, too.

3d-brille-anaglyph-rot-gruen.jpg

And if you ask nicely, I'll even give you a website where you can buy these cutting edge advancements in modern optics...

Tint is exactly how colors get filtered.

Back