Great News!

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
You'll just have to show up next year to find out what it is!

Anyone can correctly spell it Foul!!!!!

I thought about going back and deleting that post, but now that you commented on it, I will leave it. After all, I might be the king of typos because I make so many of them when I type on an Iphone on a stationary bicycle or treaemill at the gym.

(46 pounds down, 17 to go before re-evaluating for the next goal).

No harm, No foul, or is it fowl. :dunno:

I can hear Ed sitting back and chuckling at throwing out good news and not explaining it.

Based on conversations with Diz and Brad the fly-in would happen next year. The question was whether or not is was a 2000' or 2600' strip. Something must have been worked out to maintain the 2600' they now have.

Ed will shake the good news loose here soon. I am sure he is enjoying our musings too much to tell us yet. His little green light is on so I know he is watching.

Surveying done for land acqusition project:yes:

I suppose things could fall apart yet, but probably not.

Not 7,500 ft though, 3,000 ft road to road is all we can squeeze out.:wink2:
Looks like the $ we saved up to build the hanger/maintenance bldg. will now go toward the land.
That's ok though 3,000 ft. much better than 2,000 ft.

Oh my! Next I know I'll be hearing about the Sidnaw Jet Center & Mini-Mart

Brad,

If you wanted to plan a work week at 6Y9 next spring just let me know. I'd be happy to come up and lend some labor to the cause.

Brad,

If you wanted to plan a work week at 6Y9 next spring just let me know. I'd be happy to come up and lend some labor to the cause.

That would be great.
I've already had the dozer fired up and moving dirt around at the west end.
If I can get back up before the snow fly's I'll start ditching the east end build up the runway for that 100ft. we'll add there.
Tim gotta tell ya if you come up in the Spring bring bug spray:wink2:
Also Spring starts about June 1st weather wise.

That would be great.
I've already had the dozer fired up and moving dirt around at the west end.
If I can get back up before the snow fly's I'll start ditching the east end build up the runway for that 100ft. we'll add there.
Tim gotta tell ya if you come up in the Spring bring bug spray:wink2:
Also Spring starts about June 1st weather wise.

I used to live in AK and the skeeters there were so big they had tail numbers, pure DEET is about the only ting I found that worked with any success. I have never been in the UP in the spring but I figured it was about the same.

We can discuss what I could help with if we get a chance for that lunch later this month.

I used to live in AK and the skeeters there were so big they had tail numbers, pure DEET is about the only ting I found that worked with any success. I have never been in the UP in the spring but I figured it was about the same.

We can discuss what I could help with if we get a chance for that lunch later this month.

That's right you told me 'bout " those AK bugs .So you are aware of the spring bug ritual of blood letting and pain that we also have here in "da UP":wink2:
Looking forward to lunch.

Hmm. Make it gravel and we might be able to get the 310 in... :D

That's really great news Brad. I hope it all works out for you guys. I even got my Goldwing fixed so I can make it up next year.

Gotcha covered, tie downs for the freebird or pavement at the school( Dizzy's flight academy) for parking the Goldwing. We will be expecting you 2014:wink2:

The Oneex is in GR much closer than Sidnaw.

I am gonna head up one of these weekend and smash some rivets.

Gotcha covered, tie downs for the freebird or pavement at the school( Dizzy's flight academy) for parking the Goldwing. We will be expecting you 2014:wink2:

Steingar plans on attending. And I will do my best to bring something yummy from Steinholme. Always a bit of a challenge but I am usually up for it.

Hope to make it back up there again once life gets back out of the way!

Blew a small pile of money on the Goldwing and will probably blow and even bigger one soon. But it will visit 6Y9 if I can help it.

Blew a small pile of money on the Goldwing and will probably blow and even bigger one soon. But it will visit 6Y9 if I can help it.

So you have the" Freebird" not a" Freebike"?:wink2:

I suppose things could fall apart yet, but probably not.

Not 7,500 ft though, 3,000 ft road to road is all we can squeeze out.:wink2:
Looks like the $ we saved up to build the hanger/maintenance bldg. will now go toward the land.
That's ok though 3,000 ft. much better than 2,000 ft.

That's awesome !!!!! Brad we can have a old fashioned barn aka hangar raising!

Maybe Kim and Ed?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Back