Great Lakes/Midwest March Lunch

azure

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
azure
Well it's March, and the 3rd weekend is 2 weeks away, so I thought I'd just get the ball rolling by starting a new thread. ;)

So where's it going to be?

I'll start with a semi-suggestion. I heard a few days ago that there is a restaurant on the field at KPCW. I don't know the name and can't even confirm that it's true.

Much to my disappointment I will be in FL with the brats on spring break. Y'all have fun

Would certainly be interested in PCW, if true.

It'd be nice to get a handle on who's in for March 16 - if we know where folks are coming from, it will help us pick a place.
(E.g., if we know Kent can't make it, then we don't need to think about being as far west.)

I hear it's really good. The "Tin Goose" I'm in. I'm based out of KTDZ so I can always drive if I have too!

PCW it is. It's always going to be "too far" for someone.
Let's plan on Saturday the 16th for this one.

http://www.tingoosediner.com

Hopefully my plane is back together by the 16th.

Last edited:
What time? Like Lunch 1 or so? Someone going to call and see if they take reservations? They have an ILS approach so that should help some get in. :)

1PM Eastern time sounds good.

Been up there a few times. Scheduled a ratty 152 for the trip :)

I won't make this one. Plane is down for annual anyway and have plans in GR for the Irish on Ionia festival. Disappointing.

Is it just me or does Chris K look a little young to be flying.:wink2:

Wow, we may actually finally be able to meet "Saracelica". I'll ask Leslie to book a plane in the morning. I'll have to be PIC, but can do that, since I just got a fresh medical! You know, this is far enough East that we may be able to get some of the East Coasters there! They won't have to wait until Wings!

It's on the calendar. Don't get too excited Grant. :)

I shall endeavour to be there - weather and farming permitting.

I want to join on one of these soon to meet some really cool people. Unfortunately I am way (way way) out of town that weekend. Here is hoping for April or Gastons.

It's a tad far for me, but I already had plans to attend the pancake breakfast at 3EX on that day anyway. That's the Excelsior Springs airport (Kansas City metro) that was recently saved from closure. There was a thread about it here.

The Sandusky/Port Clinton/Put-In Bay area a pretty cool though. I played in that area A LOT when I was working in the Cleveland area.

How much interest in stopping at the museum afterwards? I hear it's "worth the trip"
http://www.libertyaviationmuseum.org/

Located right near by. Point it out so people can allocate the time. I know Saturdays are hectic...or those that are on the fence.

Someone going to call Tin Goose for reservations?

How much interest in stopping at the museum afterwards? I hear it's "worth the trip"
http://www.libertyaviationmuseum.org/

Located right near by. Point it out so people can allocate the time. I know Saturdays are hectic...or those that are on the fence.

Someone going to call Tin Goose for reservations?
I was planning on keeping the plane until 5PMEST, which should give a couple hours to see the museum.

Husband and I are in for sure...unless snow storm comes along. We'll be driving. Plane is booked and it's faster to drive over then drive to the airport for that short of a hop. :)

I got the spousal approval for this trip. I'll be there as long as it's VFR, hopefully with a safety pilot so I can log some simulated instrument time.

So March 16th at KPCW for Tin Goose Restaurant and if time permits the museum next door. :)

Let's start the list so we can have a firm head count. I count 9 so far. Add yourself to the list if I miss you (and or your spouse/Significant other)
- Grant & Leslie
- Azure
- Saracelica
- bluesky74656
- JoeSelch
- EdFred
- Chris K
- Danny (Dr O)
- Scott M

- Grant & Leslie
- Azure
- Saracelica
- bluesky74656
- JoeSelch
- EdFred
- Chris K
- Danny (Dr O)
- Scott M
- Steingar

I will not be there unless I'm getting a ride. Just pulled all the cylinders today. Won't have em back for 3 weeks.

:eek: Holy hand grenades! WTF?!

I was sucking oil like crazy. 4 quarts in 10 hours. Plus the plugs looked HORRIBLE. So we pulled #1, loose compression rings, but we're also going to send the cylinders in for rechroming. Everything looks ok, except for quite a bit of oil blow by and evidence of it burning on the side of the piston. Quite a bit on #5. So at least 2 of them probably need to be done. Might as well have them all done to be the same. The place that does it just takes a while to get em done. Should be back in the air by April 1 though.

glad to know it's "elective" and that you'll be back online soon - ready to take my place at april lunch

Leslie and I will be there, but in the 182 instead of the Bonanza. So we may be a little bit late.

Sorry to hear that Ed. :(

But from what you were telling me at 05C, I kinda expected it was going to be more than one cylinder. Definitely sucks.

I thought maybe just one, until we pulled the plugs, and cylinder #5. Who knows, maybe I'll get that 165kts cruise all the other Comanche owners claim when it's done :goofy:

bump.

Anyone else planning on coming out? Or is it just going to be 11-15 of us (Which I guess is a pretty good group)

- Grant & Leslie
- Azure
- Saracelica
- bluesky74656
- JoeSelch & Mom (Joane)
- EdFred
- Chris K
- Danny (Dr O)
- Scott M
- Steingar

- Grant & Leslie
- Azure
- Saracelica
- bluesky74656
- JoeSelch & Mom (Joane)
- EdFred
- Chris K
- Danny (Dr O)
- Scott M
- Steingar
Who is picking up Ed?

I would, if he weren't 100 nm in almost the opposite direction from where we're going...

Sounds like a great place, but it is a 5 hour round trip for me and that is just not in the flying budget this month. Maybe I can catch you all next time.

I'm driving to Port Clinton so I can't pick up Ed either. :(

I was sucking oil like crazy. 4 quarts in 10 hours. Plus the plugs looked HORRIBLE. So we pulled #1, loose compression rings, but we're also going to send the cylinders in for rechroming. Everything looks ok, except for quite a bit of oil blow by and evidence of it burning on the side of the piston. Quite a bit on #5. So at least 2 of them probably need to be done. Might as well have them all done to be the same. The place that does it just takes a while to get em done. Should be back in the air by April 1 though.
And there wasn't some sort of magic oil additive that you could have added to prevent this? Cough cough.

Back