Great Lakes/Midwest June lunch

Champaign county pilots assoc is having a pancake breakfast at I74 on June 22nd. 0730-1200 local time.

-VanDy

If we played our cards right we could eat a late breakfast and then have lunch. Might have to recheck W&B for the return trip though.

If we played our cards right we could eat a late breakfast and then have lunch. Might have to recheck W&B for the return trip though.

That is what I was thinking, I saw it on the bulletin board at I66 yesterday and thought I would share the info!

Unfortuneatly I won't be making it this month, I've used up all of my free flying time this month, but i'll be sleeping under the wing of the Tcraft tomorrow!! :D:goofy::yes:

True, the cominality between the planes ends at high wing single engine

So FWIW I was doing some quick math in my head, and I think it shows the strengths and weaknesses of both our planes.

To each haul three passengers the same distance we would use about the same amount of gas:lol:

So FWIW I was doing some quick math in my head, and I think it shows the strengths and weaknesses of both our planes.

To each haul three passengers the same distance we would use about the same amount of gas:lol:

And 8.4 times as long. (Assuming 80kts vs 135kts and 0 wind)

Lol! I still like the /HP test better :)

Did you figure me @3.8 gallons per hour? You're pretty close with the speed

-VanDy

Some of you may want to consider going to the Dayton Air Show prior to the lunch/dinner/brunch thing...down at KDAY. Evidentally those that fly in get quick access to the admission counter. (I thought I read somewhere you get shuttled there but may have to walk) According to airnav it's only 25nm south of Urbana. :)

I'll be at the air show.

I plan to fly up to Urbana, but that is subject to changes of the barometric pressure at home.

I plan to fly up to Urbana, but that is subject to changes of the barometric pressure at home.
:confused:

There is a definite chance of convection tomorrow morning close to home, and timing is too uncertain to call now. I probably won't know until 0800 local or so whether I'm coming.

Me... I should be wheels up by 15Z. I'm planning to leave early from I74 (18Z or so) to beat the boomers. No airshow for me this time. :(

maybe. just need to get motivated enough to take care of a plane to-do and nagrivate the young eagles circus

nevermind ... i'm out. too much to do, too little time, don't want to rush

I ended up changing a tire at 1am this morning, slept in.

Kind of glad as otherwise I may have gone to the Airshow

I'm pretty sure "Azure" went. I heard her on the radio on the way back. I went to the airshow. (Yes saw the accident) Hope some people went to Urbana.

My wife and I plus Azure went. Had to delay departure for weather. Liz had an opening to the north while we had to wait another hour plus to find an opening. We just got home.

I got back around 5pm but didn't get back into my condo until just now (long story). It was definitely a stressful flight. The way out of I74 was pretty clear, but by the time I reached the Waterville VOR, there was a line of storms forming west-east across southern MI that threatened to bar the way home. I almost landed at TDZ, then Toledo handed me off to Detroit and Detroit was able to vector me over Canada and around the "front end" of the line that was forming.

Very sorry to hear about the accident at the airshow... and that one of us had to see that. :( (PM sent to Saracelica)

Thanks again Liz. It was surreal but like someone else said "You're bound to know someone who dies flying"

Our flight was not that eventful. Waited till about 3:45 to head out. Just had a little rain.

I got back around 5pm but didn't get back into my condo until just now (long story). It was definitely a stressful flight. The way out of I74 was pretty clear, but by the time I reached the Waterville VOR, there was a line of storms forming west-east across southern MI that threatened to bar the way home. I almost landed at TDZ, then Toledo handed me off to Detroit and Detroit was able to vector me over Canada and around the "front end" of the line that was forming.

Very sorry to hear about the accident at the airshow... and that one of us had to see that. :( (PM sent to Saracelica)
You must have run into the same system a bit later than I dodged through/around it on the way to Lafayette. From LAF to PTK was smooth sailing when I came through around 6:30.

You must have run into the same system a bit later than I dodged through/around it on the way to Lafayette. From LAF to PTK was smooth sailing when I came through around 6:30.
If you came through around 6:30 (1830 EDT I assume) then you were about 1.5 to 2 hours later than I was. By then I think the system had settled a little to the south and started to dissipate. I think you would have been on the back side, I was out in front of it hoping it wasn't going to speed up before I got through and down.

Saturday afternoon was quite relaxing. As we watched Azure fade away flying north we were still looking at T-Storms to the south. It is only a 17 minute flight from I74 to MGY but is wasn't happening while I was seeing those ominous clouds and lightening, so we sat.

Wife was frustrated because she didn't bring anything to do but I was thrilled. It isn't very often that I have nothing to do and it was wonderful to just relax and watch the storms roll by.

I started seeing some breaks visually and on the radar so I called Flight Service and the briefer painted the most dismal picture. He stated 9/10ths coverage along my route of flight. I stared at the sky for at least 10 minutes and just wasn't seeing what he saw.

The flight was uneventful and was smoother than the flight up.

Wasn't till I got on the ground that I heard about the accident at the Air Show. Just before being dropped off of Flight Following on the way to I74, I heard ATC telling the jump plane (4th act) to stand by. Pretty sure that was about the time of the accident. Very Sad.

Back