Great Lakes/Midwest June lunch

azure

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
azure
Thought I'd get the thread started, since it's June. Already suggested:

KDAY Sat 22 or Sun 23, Vectren Dayton Air Show (fly-in), see here for program. Food availability unknown.

KTDZ Sat 15 or Sun 16, Plane Fun fly-in. Saracelica's club Blue Horizons, Young Eagles flights. No food.

I'll also throw the Prop Blast Cafe at KOEB into the suggestion pile. Very good food, specialty is pizza. We haven't had a meet-up in Michigan yet.

Other ideas?

I think my available flying time is all allocated for june/july, but can i put in a request for a non towered airport in August? :D

Even though the Blues or Birds won't be there for the Dayton Air Show, the airspace gets pretty crowded since there's both the Air Show and Commecial ops at the same time. ;)

Cheers

When I flew into the air show I didn't think it a big deal at all. We got to leave right away (rather than wait in a line of cars) and Mekki loved the fact that she could use the loo in the nice air conditioned FBO.

I think my available flying time is all allocated for june/july, but can i put in a request for a non towered airport in August? :D
Do you have one in mind? :D

(FWIW we haven't always picked towered fields -- PCW, 05C, MGY. And OEB, if we go there.)

Are you getting to fly the T-Craft any? Are the struts installed?

I'm doing CAP stuff every darn weekend in June. I'll be thinking of you guys!

Bump. Are people still interested in doing this? Other ideas for a spot?

I am planning on 3W2 Sunday,

I have yet to fly to the Dayton Airshow

And there's another possibility for a meetup... though I assume you mean this Sunday?

If we do the airshow in two weeks, what kind of food (if any) is available on field?

Airshow fair, burgers, pizza, hotdogs,

All crappy and expencive:D

Unless you are working in one of the Chalets as a Volunteer like me where the food and drink can be PDG. :yes:

Cheers

Last year I went as a guest of Aviall and Michael Goulian, the food (and tickets) was free, and excellent!

Then why don't we plan for somewhere nearby with a restaurant on field? Those who want to can then continue to the airshow.

Maybe I74? I've heard mostly good about it, but haven't tried it yet myself.

Well at least one Michigander is seeing the light!!!!

I will put it on the calendar for the 22nd.

As a note, the museum http://www.champaignaviationmuseum.org/HOME.php is a must see but doesn't take long to go through. It closes at 1400 local on Saturday. If you want to see it just arrive a little early. It's only a 5 minute walk toward the north end of the field.

Be sure to save room for a slice of homemade pie after lunch.

No can do the 22nd - wedding season. How about July 20th for next month - that will avoid air venture?

UP would probably leave me out, but would open it to many others so...

We should also do one of the Erie islands this summer too, but that doesn't have to be next month!

We should also do one of the Erie islands this summer too, but that doesn't have to be next month!
Agree! It would probably have to be 3W2, unless we made it a picnic lunch. ;)

(unless you can rent golf carts at the airport on Kelleys, but I don't think so)

Agree! It would probably have to be 3W2, unless we made it a picnic lunch. ;)

(unless you can rent golf carts at the airport on Kelleys, but I don't think so)

You cannot rent them at the airport at Kelleys and there is insufficient parking.

If someone wants to visit however call the general store, they rent carts and were all too happy to come pick us up and drop us off.

3W2 we could all chip in on a cart or two depending on how many come and head into town for lunch, I'm partial to the Ruben at the pub myself.

UP would probably leave me out, but would open it to many others so...

good idea!

Okay, so why don't we plan for I74, Saturday the 22nd at 1700Z?

Champaign county pilots assoc is having a pancake breakfast at I74 on June 22nd. 0730-1200 local time.

-VanDy

Thought I'd get the thread started, since it's June. Already suggested:

KDAY Sat 22 or Sun 23, Vectren Dayton Air Show (fly-in), see here for program. Food availability unknown.

KTDZ Sat 15 or Sun 16, Plane Fun fly-in. Saracelica's club Blue Horizons, Young Eagles flights. No food.

I'll also throw the Prop Blast Cafe at KOEB into the suggestion pile. Very good food, specialty is pizza. We haven't had a meet-up in Michigan yet.

Other ideas?
I'm planning on coming to PTK on the 22nd. My niece's band is playing their last big gig that afternoon from 1-2 (part of Detroit Riverdays). Given that schedule I could probably make a Sunday lunch.

https://www.facebook.com/electricgraffitidetroit

Back