Great Lakes/Midwest Breakfast 04DEC2021

I convinced my better half that we should get up early, so we are in too! To keep with the theme, after several days of not shaving the itch began. I could go with some stubble if I don't shave again though.

Windy shows a 60mph tailwind on the way there at 10k :) i don't even want to run the reverse numbers but gonna give it a go. Brining a friend who is at like 1470hrs and gonna start livin' the dream in January.

We'll be in the white and green skylane. I'll be wearing a hat with a sailfish and sporting my 5th covid beard to keep the theme going.

Looks like low ceilings are making the flight this morning a bit more interesting.
Forecast suggests it'll clear up by late morning.

upload_2021-12-4_7-24-1.png

good luck. we're all counting on you.

also, if kaiser shows up with a flightchops beard can someone please pee in his lemonade? I assume that's what someone with a flightchops beard would drink........

Just got to KDPA and it’s cavu here too, might be lower W and SW of here?

and yes, I drive by a bunch of airports to get to where planes are to fly :(

Just arrived large table in far back

Had a great time!

I double checked and it looks like @Tom Robertson only held for 3 full trips waiting for the conga line. We got a vector as we were turning inbound on the 4th lap.

C92B1047-BB05-4B33-A360-97C711AE91BA.jpeg

First fly-in I can recall where more people showed then said they would. Usually about half of the “yes’s” are “maybes” and most “maybes” are “no.” It was great meeting some people I’ve only met online and catching up with more from pasts fly-ins. Plus, I logged my first piloting a Piper, first twin, and first right seat (near) landing.

Looks like everyone had a great time!

Is someone going to tag the people in the photo?

Bummer Dr Chien was looking the other way in the pic. Was great to meet him and thank him in person for helping on my initial 3rd class.

That 310 looks even better right up close and sounded awesome taking off :)

Awesome! Haven’t been active here in a long while until a month or three ago.

Basic Med behind me trying to get current after a 12-year break.

I look forward to figuring out the magic of flying when you want with a s/t project driven career and 3 kids.

Everyone else seems to have figured it out.

Awesome pic!

Looking north from my airplane. Carissa took a nice pano of the full ramp, but I need to get the original to make it a jpg.
large.jpg

A few stills from gopros:

Flew thru 20 minutes of light snow about half way between MSP and Chicago.
GOPR0479_Moment2.jpg

Was still looking IFR about 40 miles out but opened up just in time.
GOPR0479_Moment3.jpg

Turning final to 1C5 (wide angle makes it look farther and lower than it was)
GOPR0479_Moment5.jpg

Several walked out to meet Martin and Kevin who just landed.
GOPR0479_Moment6.jpg

Fermilab Tevatron on the right side heading back west.
GOPR0449_Moment7.jpg

Back