Gotta Love those "Entertainers"

W.O'Boogie

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
W. O'Boogie
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+2]BERNHARDT TAKES ON AIRPORT SECURITY[/SIZE][/FONT]

Comedienne SANDRA BERNHARDT, close friend of Madonna, has threatened to fight new security measures at airports imposed after a terrorist attack on planes flying from the UK to the US was averted. From yesterday (10AUG06), passengers flying from and to America have been banned from taking non-essential hand luggage onboard jets. But Bernhardt, who is scheduled to fly out of New York's JFK Airport today (11AUG06) is determined to break the rule. She tells the New York Daily News, "When I go to the airport and they try to take my MAC Plushglass away from me, it's going to be World War III!"

That's why they make cuffs and leg restraints silly grrrrrl.

Sandra Bernhardt is about to learn that she's got a lot less cred with airport security than wasshername did with Capitol Building Security.

W.O'Boogie said:
Comedienne SANDRA BERNHARDT...

She's a comedienne? Oh well, I guess some things I wasn't supposed to understand.

She will still not get through security the way she thinks. Anyone heard of the arrest yet?

I'm torn. Part of me says "Good on her" because someone needs to take TSA down a notch.

The other part of me says "What a pompous ass" because she is no better than any of us, and we all have to deal with it.

FWIW - I just got off the phone with USAir, confirming my reservation to MSP to get my plane, and was told "Laptops are fine, but no liquids, and if I have one of those fancy remote car starters on my keychain, I'll have to check it."

Sigh.

Just FYI for those of us out of touch with fashion trends, "MAC Plushglass" is lipstick.

Put it in your bag. How simple can it be. You are no better - and definitely not better looking - than anyone else who wears lipstick.

Key ingredient? Glycerine. Realistically? Who Cares in that amount? But it's like the "f" in logic in blowing up commercial planes.

SkyHog said:
I'm torn. Part of me says "Good on her" because someone needs to take TSA down a notch.

The other part of me says "What a pompous ass" because she is no better than any of us, and we all have to deal with it.

FWIW - I just got off the phone with USAir, confirming my reservation to MSP to get my plane, and was told "Laptops are fine, but no liquids, and if I have one of those fancy remote car starters on my keychain, I'll have to check it."

Sigh.
I would imagine that if a few more of the sheeple took her attitude we would be rid of this latest exercise in ridiculousness.

alaskaflyer said:
I would imagine that if a few more of the sheeple took her attitude we would be rid of this latest exercise in ridiculousness.

Is that a volunteer I hear to lead the way, or another "sheeple"???

Why is it ridiculous, btw? What facts do you know that can cause you to state in a public forum that it is so? I do not have any facts other than what has been reported by the MSM. Chances are you do not either, but then, I have no way to know what you do know. So, sir, please enlighten me and tell me why it is ridiculous.

Is it that H2O2 (an oxidizer used in rocket propulsion) is easily detected? Funny, it looks just like water. Could it be that the other component parts of a small (and all it would take is a small) IED are simply not capable of being brought aboard an aircraft? Or is it because we are too PC, and simply stupid about "profiling" the right people based on the history of events because the ACLU, CAIR and "liberals" (whoever they are) would raise a ruckus?

I always have room to grow educationally. So the floor is yours sir. I anxiously await your response.

Sincerely,

Winston

W.O'Boogie said:

Why is it ridiculous, btw? What facts do you know that can cause you to state in a public forum that it is so? I do not have any facts other than what has been reported by the MSM. Chances are you do not either, but then, I have no way to know what you do know. So, sir, please enlighten me and tell me why it is ridiculous.

Is it that H2O2 (an oxidizer used in rocket propulsion) is easily detected? Funny, it looks just like water. Could it be that the other component parts of a small (and all it would take is a small) IED are simply not capable of being brought aboard an aircraft? Or is it because we are too PC, and simply stupid about "profiling" the right people based on the history of events because the ACLU, CAIR and "liberals" (whoever they are) would raise a ruckus?

I always have room to grow educationally. So the floor is yours sir. I anxiously await your response.

Sincerely,

Winston

The only way to prevent any possibility of a terrorist attack on an airliner again is to prevent anyone from boarding airplanes.

Is that too far? Probably. What else is too far? Banning liquids? Yeah. Banning nail clippers? Yeah, probably. What about banning remote key starters for autos? Yes, I'd say so.

Feel good security, its the same as the ADIZ, but it affects everyone, so everyone *******.

SkyHog said:

Perhaps she's thinking that nobody should have to put up with such nonsense instead of just her.

I just know that if I put my car's remote in my suitcase, the case will get lost on the way home from California next weekend and I won't be able to get into my car. Sheesh. And why single out car remotes, anything with a battery can be used to set off an explosive?

Mr. Fishers' point is critical. Any power can be enough, given an sufficiently unstable mixture. A lemon, a penny and a nickel......

However, I can also relate to putting things into hold baggage with less than stupendous results. This AM I was flying Delta. They recommend 3 hours prior to flight time as a show time. So being a proper "sheeple", and being desirous of boarding the first flight of my journey, I was at the airport at 0400. No DL CS reps, the auto kiosks were OOS till 0430, and they were not taking bags or passing through TSA portals until 0500. Just super.

So I play along, as I need the seat on the flight. Scheduled departure 0700 was changed to 0752 because the crew was not available until then (crew rest issues). I gave them my carryon bag as it had medicines and shaving gear. Saw it tagged at origin airport and put on belt. Made my connecting flight in ATL with 15 minutes to spare. Got to final destination, and no bag. That was at noon or so. Went to lost baggage, got a case number, etc. and was told it would be in on the 1500 flight. But that did not show until 1730; still no bag. DL local reps stopped answering phone at 1800. No response on email to DL customer service. Everything in the bag can be replaced, but it will cost. One of the prescriptions is a $1,200.00/15 day supply. This will be a true fun day tomorrow if the bag doesn't show.

Last DL flight for as long as I can do something about it. Maybe its not fair to judge them on one event, but it is my event. And I am getting a case of cranky pants over it.

Winston

W.O'Boogie said:

Sincerely,

Winston
Funny how some people think if they can use fancy words, they can speak any way they want to people here. One user recently found that not to be true.

I already have her attitude, and I don't intend to fly anywhere on the airlines until the current wave of "pacify the masses" passes.

It is ridiculous because it is obviously intended to show the citizens WE ARE DOING SOMETHING without actually doing anything. If you believe the news sources authorities have known about the plot for months, and the potential for years. So why institute this now? Because the word is out, with the arrests...OMG we have to show the people that WE ARE DOING SOMETHING. Pshaw. I will ask again, why don't the Israelis ban book bags on buses? Certainly lots of buses blown up over the years with them.

alaskaflyer said:
Funny how some people think if they can use fancy words, they can speak any way they want to people here. One user recently found that not to be true.

I already have her attitude, and I don't intend to fly anywhere on the airlines until the current wave of "pacify the masses" passes.

It is ridiculous because it is obviously intended to show the citizens WE ARE DOING SOMETHING without actually doing anything. If you believe the news sources authorities have known about the plot for months, and the potential for years. So why institute this now? Because the word is out, with the arrests...OMG we have to show the people that WE ARE DOING SOMETHING. Pshaw. I will ask again, why don't the Israelis ban book bags on buses? Certainly lots of buses blown up over the years with them.

Sorry you felt insulted. I didn't mean it as you seem to feel. I was trying to understand it from your perspective. And to be frank, I still don't get it, but it can remain thus. I am not looking to get tossed or even warned over my inability to understand what it is that you know.

Accept my apology and move on. I am out of this thread. The rules are made, and we either live with them or pay the price. If someone wants to make a statement by disobeying that is their perogative. They just have to realize that civil and/or criminal disobedience has a price.

-30-

AirBaker said:
Whats the big deal about hydrogen peroxide?

Well, it was used as the oxidizer for the fuel in the ME-163. Releases Oxygen when it decomposes. Combine that with something that burns (or explodes) and you get the rest.

Back