Got published!

Cap'n Jack

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Cap'n Jack
I do a lot of work for, and with, customers but never a mention (nor should it be). It's nice to have something of my own published...
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscombsci.8b00187

In a nutshell, it describes a method to calibrate an analytical liquid chromatography system to a preparative chromatography system. One can then use the analytical data generated as part of the normal workflow in a synthetic chemistry lab to calculate an efficient purification method for compounds they produce.

Gotta tell you, I would alter the plot a little if you want to cater to the romance novel readers...

I kid. Great job. And good work.
I tell you, the editors had their work cut out for them. A great learning experience, that way too.

Man, I was working on developing the same method. Looks like you beat me to press on this. Guess I’ll go back to working on my cold fusion experiment instead. :(

Congrats!

I do a lot of work for, and with, customers but never a mention (nor should it be). It's nice to have something of my own published...
https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acscombsci.8b00187

In a nutshell, it describes a method to calibrate an analytical liquid chromatography system to a preparative chromatography system. One can then use the analytical data generated as part of the normal workflow in a synthetic chemistry lab to calculate an efficient purification method for compounds they produce.

Does this have anything to do with mixing baking soda and vinegar together. Seriously though, congratulations

Published two Origami books and am working on a third. The first one covered my Cherokee annual. The second made enough to cover a few hours of flight. Don't know why I bother.

It took me a while, but I found a mistake.

Just messing with you. That's got to feel good.

I once worked for a company that built Gas Chromatograph/Mass spectrometers.

I hung out with the super smart Vietnamese engineers who designed the machinery, based on the chemical properties of the samples.

That stuff is no joke and it hurt my head just conceptualizing how it works.

Great job. Keep it up!

Published two Origami books and am working on a third. The first one covered my Cherokee annual. The second made enough to cover a few hours of flight. Don't know why I bother.
Available via Amazon? Post the links, please.

It took me a while, but I found a mistake.

Just messing with you. That's got to feel good.
LoL , there is a small mistake in the supplemental information...grammar error. That's just the "raw" data that lets other scientists see if I interpreted the data properly, verify I actually did the experiments, etc. The main paper is (I hope) all good.

Reminds me of when I figured out how to get the bins into the truck more efficiently. Of course, none of the other drivers appreciated it as it cut into the overtime. Did you run into that also?

Nice job. I am made to feel suitably small. I'm glad we have people who understand such things.

But if you had written them while riding a unicycle and juggling, you’d have made a fortune. ;)

Reminds me of when I figured out how to get the bins into the truck more efficiently. Of course, none of the other drivers appreciated it as it cut into the overtime. Did you run into that also?
I ran into other things.... I had trouble convincing management that it worked, so they let me publish it. It's now written into our software- look for "focus gradient generator" in this link: https://www.teledyneisco.com/en-us/chromatography/accqprep
The next step is closer to your comment- the bottom of that link lists a mass spectrometer. I've demonstrated that I can enter a molecular weight into the software, and the system can then run the scout, find the compound I want purified in that chromatogram, calculate the method to purify the compound, and then run that purification. The chemist can just enter the molecule weight for the compound they synthesized, walk away, and 20 minutes later they get purified compound. And we can queue up samples so it can run unattended except for refilling solvents and collecting the purified material. Working with a customer to implement this enhanced automation.

Nice job. I am made to feel suitably small. I'm glad we have people who understand such things.
Thanks much. And you have skills in managing and operating a company, a different set of necessary skills in this world.

Congratulations!
I tell you, the editors had their work cut out for them.
My favorite editorial comment on one I co-authored was "What made you think <insert journal name> was an appropriate venue for this paper?"

Nauga,
shot down in flames

Back